New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for JuanPozzi
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I figured I'd post this in the forum as it would interest everyone. Suppose you were jumped by a big puma/mountin lion and only had a knife at hand. What would be the best/fastest way to kill the lion or to render it harmless. I see that pigs go down quickly with a blade insertion to the heart, what about disemboweling? I only as as a hypothetical question-much like the eternal discussion in the Alaska forum over which gun kills a brown bear faster. If my memory serves me correctly there was a man around here a couple years back who fought off a cougar with a knife-I think he killed it but I might be wrong.

thanks

The chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
That was on Vancouver Island. The man had a pocket knife that he killed the cat with. He was seriously injured and very lucky as it turned out that he had unusual blood that coagulated far faster than typical blood.A knife into the neck blood vessels or heart will give the cat time to do great damage.Remember that the cat will attack from behind -wear a football helmet and neck brace ! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever say what size the cat was, or exactly where he used the knife on it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've read the complete details ,injuries to him and the cat.It was talked about extensively in the knife forums and a.g.russell sent him a more appropriate knife .The coagulating blood info came out later .Those are all the details I remember.

one of us
posted Hide Post
See www.cougarinfo.com/attacks3.htm scroll to 2002 - 01 August

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
You need to injure the heart ,any other organ except neurologic damage ,leaves a lot of time to the cat ,atacking the abdominal area isnt correct unless you have luck and injure the aorta .In self defense against humans you can perform smal cut because they have a great phsycological impact ,but this isnt correct on wild predators .Isugest you seeing www.sayoc.com and train a bit too.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sayoc passed away earlier this month !! Frowner

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Its a pitty do you practice kali ,i practiced a lot of martial arts but i found kali knife techniques very useful.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No ,I don't practice kali . I only try to teach knife makers about metallurgy !!

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
When you have time you can came and visit me and we can practice a bit and hunting some boars with knife ,Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA