Notify
Tools

Jimmy Lile
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
These are some of my Lile knives.

James B. Lile passed away on May 5 1991 - RIP.
Jimmy lile - an American knife icon best known for the knives he made for First blood part I and II.

Enjoy

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Andre, great pictures as usual, some neat looking knives. how about Bob Loveless have any of his? he leaves here in town used to talk to him at all the Ducks unlimited functions, interesting old guy.

Posts: 318 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
More great pictures of more great knives -- thanks for posting. My wife keeps asking me why I need more knives. I just tell her that I do!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles

Just tell your wife that you will stop buying guns and knives the day she stops buying shoes and handbags Big Grin That should be the end of that discission.

KWard I am sorry to say that I have no Loveless knives Frowner I will have to look into this "problem".

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
She did just buy a bunch of new pairs of shoes...

Unfortunately she is very frugal and probably spent less on all of those shoes than I did on one knife. Frowner

I think she just accepts that my ways are foreign to her.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles
Just do what you want and don't ask. All women want the alfa male that are able to protect and kill. Weapons are the tools of that trade.

Cheers,

André
Jack of all trades

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I don't generally ask, unless she is paying part of the cost (birthday, Christmas, anniversary). That is how I got my HK USP compact and my Whitworth .458 -- not to mention the Pedersoli 9.3x74R.

I just think that logically she does not see the need for more. So I am not logical about it -- so what!

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
A close friend of mine has some of Liles earliest knives. You would not believe how crude they were. Eeker

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to see some of those crude knives and own them Big Grin

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JefferyDenmark:
I would love to see some of those crude knives and own them Big Grin

Cheers,

André

I bet you would!

I seemed to be bidding in my sleep on eBay last night/this morning and it appears I have a Cold Steel saber heading my way? Confused Don't know what I am going to do with that... rotflmo

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Excellent post my friend ,all the weapons of that movies exists and work included the bow ,in vietnam a lot of bows saw real action ,i believe that was the last war where the bow was used .I HAVE A NEW GAME FOR YOU MORE DANGEROUS CAPIBARA WITH DOG AND KNIFE.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
Well Andre business took me away for a while, but I'm back...Wink

You know Jimmy Lile use to be at every big Houston Gun Show and we'd visit and talk about knives. He was very friendly and very open about the how's and why's of everything "knife".

I lost the only Lile knife that I had when someone broken into my truck and stole it along with my hunting bag.

Good to see the knife forum still rocking.

TH

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TH

Jimmy Lile is an American Icon you must get a LIle knife when you have talked with him in person.

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre,
I too am an admirerer of Jimmie Lile's fine work. I sadly only have one of his knives but what a fine knife it is!
It is a drop point sheath knife with a hollow ground blade, stag handle with a very thin red liner between the stag and the steel(D-2), brass bolster. Also another nice touch, it is engraved with the words: Hand Made by James B Lile.
I'm saddened to hear of his passing. Thanks for posting that.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
That bowie is excellent for pig sticking ,do youu know that in COLOINAL INDIA CAVALRY OFFICERS COMPETED IN PIG STICKING ,the westley richards belt gives me a lot of memories .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote