Notify
Tools

BIG wild boar knife
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Gentlemen

This is an older Randall model 12-11 H Smithsonian. One of the larger knives I own clap

Made from forged 3/8" carbon tool steel with stacked leather and brass guard but and but.

For comparison I placed it next to the model 1 with a 8 inch blade #1-8 and a Böker Smatchet.
This is a large and heavy knife about 2 lbs but the balance is great and handling it is no problem.
A knife like this has the size to reach the hart on the largest boars and hogs.
Normally a bowie style blade is not as strong as a drop point that has a stronger tip but with the thickness of this model there is no chance of the tip breaking.

Cheers,

André

The thinner blade is the Cold Steel Trailmaster mesuring 7,3mm. The Randall weighs i at 8,8mm.

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I love the "Dogo Group" patch!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Dogo group is Chiles Police Dogo K9 unit.
Way cool patch.
Juan will flip.... animal just wait and see.

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JefferyDenmark:
Juan will flip.... animal just wait and see.

I bet! clap

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT PHOTOS THE PATCH IS WONDERFUL VERY SIMILAR TO THE PATCH YOU EARNED HERE ILL SEND IT TO YOU WITH THE DOVES HUNTING DVD ,I TOLD LIETEUNANT AND PH MARCOS TO SEND YOU THE PATCH STHEN YOU CAN POST IT HERE .THE APPLEGATE SMATCHET IS JUST PERFECT FOR HOGS .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
That is a cool patch, although a snarl would make it look meaner...

Wink

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
How much does that bad boy weigh Jeffery?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Randall 12-11 H (H for heavy) is a 2 lbs knife made from 3/8 inch stock, hand forged carbon tool steel.
The brass but and guard makes the knife balanced and nice to handle. This is a very agile knife and not at all clumsy to handle.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear ronin please post the photo of the dogos group that LTMarcos sent to you ,some of our commandos anfibios fougth in angola war and some south africa perssonel came here to train us do you know that .Juan two boers want to figth in the malvinas war if we pay them the fligth tickets thats in the excellent book COMANDOS IN ACTION of isidoro ruiz moreno .juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote