The Accurate Reloading Forums
BIG wild boar knife

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/887100404

13 January 2006, 18:32
JefferyDenmark
BIG wild boar knife
Gentlemen

This is an older Randall model 12-11 H Smithsonian. One of the larger knives I own clap

Made from forged 3/8" carbon tool steel with stacked leather and brass guard but and but.

For comparison I placed it next to the model 1 with a 8 inch blade #1-8 and a Böker Smatchet.
This is a large and heavy knife about 2 lbs but the balance is great and handling it is no problem.
A knife like this has the size to reach the hart on the largest boars and hogs.
Normally a bowie style blade is not as strong as a drop point that has a stronger tip but with the thickness of this model there is no chance of the tip breaking.

Cheers,

André

The thinner blade is the Cold Steel Trailmaster mesuring 7,3mm. The Randall weighs i at 8,8mm.

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

13 January 2006, 19:01
Charles_Helm
I love the "Dogo Group" patch!
13 January 2006, 19:48
JefferyDenmark
The Dogo group is Chiles Police Dogo K9 unit.
Way cool patch.
Juan will flip.... animal just wait and see.

Cheers,

André

13 January 2006, 21:29
Charles_Helm
quote:
Originally posted by JefferyDenmark:
Juan will flip.... animal just wait and see.

I bet! clap
13 January 2006, 23:55
juanpozzi
EXCELLENT PHOTOS THE PATCH IS WONDERFUL VERY SIMILAR TO THE PATCH YOU EARNED HERE ILL SEND IT TO YOU WITH THE DOVES HUNTING DVD ,I TOLD LIETEUNANT AND PH MARCOS TO SEND YOU THE PATCH STHEN YOU CAN POST IT HERE .THE APPLEGATE SMATCHET IS JUST PERFECT FOR HOGS .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-
15 January 2006, 08:25
CaneCorso
That is a cool patch, although a snarl would make it look meaner...

Wink

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

15 January 2006, 17:23
D Humbarger
How much does that bad boy weigh Jeffery?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.
16 January 2006, 00:17
JefferyDenmark
The Randall 12-11 H (H for heavy) is a 2 lbs knife made from 3/8 inch stock, hand forged carbon tool steel.
The brass but and guard makes the knife balanced and nice to handle. This is a very agile knife and not at all clumsy to handle.

Cheers,

André

18 January 2006, 04:58
juanpozzi
Dear ronin please post the photo of the dogos group that LTMarcos sent to you ,some of our commandos anfibios fougth in angola war and some south africa perssonel came here to train us do you know that .Juan two boers want to figth in the malvinas war if we pay them the fligth tickets thats in the excellent book COMANDOS IN ACTION of isidoro ruiz moreno .juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-