New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old? Puma White Hunter handle repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up an old? Puma White Hunter at the local gun show last weekend for $30. It has no serial no. on it and is simply marked "PUMA WHOTE HUNTER" on the front flat of the blade, PUMA Germany in front of the hilt and the Puma symbol with "D.B.G.M" forward of that.

It looks like a very well made knife but one stag handle is broken. I would like to get the handle fixed and find out more information about this knife. From what I can tell it was apparently made in the late 50's - early 60s but I haven't found one pictured exactly like it.

Can someone tell me more about this knife and the best place to get the broken handle fixed? I'd eventually like to carry it although the orginal sheath is a bit flimbsy in my opinion.

Posts: 100 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You might fine some information on the model here. A knifemaker or someone handy could probably replace the broken scale.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks-
Thanks-

I had tried that site and several others to find that it was made before the mid 60s when they started numbering them but couldn't get much more than that.

This one apparently spent its life in Alaska, probably skinned out it's share of moose and bear.

quote:
You might fine some information on the model here. A knifemaker or someone handy could probably replace the broken scale.

quote:

Posts: 100 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 January 2008Reply With Quote