Find
Notify
Tools

A weeks worth
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted
Here are the results of a week in my basement shop.

Stabilized maple burl mosaic pins and 4" twist damascus drop point

Afzelia with mosaic pins and stippled spine with 3" damascus clip point

Old 1973 Buck 112 refurbished with Amboyna Scales and stippled bolsters, back spring and liner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seriously nice! thumb

Posts: 61 | Location: Great White North | Registered: 10 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Question withdrawn
When it brings out the horses . . .

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
I buy blades from any place I can get them. E-bay, flea markets, blade shows. Got any you want to sell?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So do you sell these knives??

One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
I sell a few every once in awhile. A few folks here on AR have bought a couple. Usually I give them to friends and family. When I have some just sitting around I'll sell them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well if you buy the blades from "where ever you can get them" remind me not to buy one!!

They are nice handles though.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
Figured you to be a smart ass that's why I gave you the answer I did. Where I get my blades is really none of your business. Now lets see some of your knife making skills.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work. clap Where do I send my check? dancing

As to the previous poster..... homer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree about it not being a buyer's business where the maker gets his product from. There are makers out there that are selling damascus blades made from whatever they can get their hands on, as compared to what you and I know to be a known compatible pair of steels. Regardless of however the potential customer acts, a maker should take pride in his work and materials.

I for one would be happy to tell folks that I got my steel from Aldo Bruno, Del Ealy, or if it were Devin Thomas stuff. Or that I had my blades cooked my Paul Bos. That should add to the assurance that you are producing a quality product. Oh, and if you want to see some of my work I would be glad to post some of it later on when I get home.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well they've got nice handles, that much is true.

In my business I've come to realize that you buy the best to make the best.. An elcheapo steak is just that no matter how much I dress it up. I'd also be proud to tell a customer where I got any of my ingredients. I'd damn sure not tell him it wasn't "any of his business"

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great job with those knives. I really like the first one with the maple burl handle. Keep up the good work.

Greg

Posts: 201 | Location: Sonoma, California | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
You are an amazing knife maker, your sheaths are blah though.

Maybe take a look at some Scandinavian style sheathes like thos made by Roger Bergh and Matias Styrfors.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very beautiful knifes! As an hobby knifemaker
envy overcomes me when I see such excellent knifes.
Congratulations!
Hans