New
Find
Notify
Tools

military carry
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
my youngest boy is goin over to the golf in sept and i want to get him a good knife to carry his ass is worth more than $39.95 so i,am not looking to save a buck, thanks for the help

Posts: 29 | Location: mt vernon ohio | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Randall. They offer a quick turm around for military on models 1, 14 and 16SP1. They will need a copy of his id for the order. Call them- they may engrave his name on the blade and send it to you. I recommend the model 1 with green micarta handle.

http://www.randallknives.com

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Log onto jtknives.com and look at the DUSTAR line. Similary to a Randall, but in my opinion, owning both, I would pick the DUSTAR. It goes for half the price of a Randall and is, IMO, built better.
Like I say, I own a Randall 12, 2 ea. 15, and a model 1, and they have been relegated to the gunsafe....in my case, my favorite model 15 would cost me $550+ and not be delivered until February of 09. I know they give military priority, but still not sure how long that is. If a civilian orders from Randall, it is about a 50 month wait.
Just take a look and if you can, go to the DUSTAR website and read the articles on the knife.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
If you want the best for a warrior buy a mercxworks they are the made by warriors for warriors ,trust me a practice combat knife and hunt with knives daily and im an ex soldier.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
http://www.wilsontactical.com/detail.aspx?ID=2

get a custom one with the longer blabe and no top guard.

it is made from one piece of d2 steel, guard and all.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
If you want the best for a warrior buy a mercxworks. Juan

Juan, where does one find out about these knives? A Google search didn't yield any links.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wink,

Try this link:

Mercworx knives

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Here's a good-looking one
http://www.gunsinternational.com/detail.cfm?id=100007443&string=cid=500

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Excuse me the website is www.mercworx.com they are expensive but ,excelent,Janichs the famous combat knife trainer rates them as the best of the best .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for all the info ,iv,e looked over the different sites and i,am goining with mercworx brendan muir

Posts: 29 | Location: mt vernon ohio | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
You choosed the best,if you dont want to expend so much i carried a coldsteel recon tanto while in a scout unit.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
what one did you chose of the mercworx? did you order the s30v option? my daily carry is a s30v blade and i love it.

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
boomstick,going for sniper with s30 opt

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

sweet!

this one is sweet too. the spyderco forrester. comes in 3 sizes