THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    I've been sitting on this mammoth for 6 years

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been sitting on this mammoth for 6 years
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been sitting on this mammoth ivory for six years waiting till I had the time to devote to this much engraving. Buddy that shot it said he just could not get it all in there so there is a good bit of gold work not shown.
The mammoth ivory was found in gold bearing ground which gives it the red tints.
The steels are from the statue of Liberty near the torch and from the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Both acquired from Jesse James. The frame is fully engraved as is the guard and bolsters and they have a lot of 24kt gold inlay. The top of the back bolster is all gold and black only with intertwining vines.
It will be at my micro show next weekend.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, the Statue of Liberty steel is hand rail from at the torch portion and the Bombing of Pearl Harbor steel was a tram track they used to push tram of ammo out on. they were blew into a bomb crater, they used a dozer to cover up the hole so they could get on with business. It was excavated about 2 years ago. There was only about 6 feet of the track that was usable at all. I got about half of the track. I split it with a saw then forge it to the shape or size I need and fold it and go.
With the hand rail steel pipe, I put extra high carbon steel in the Damascus so I can account for the loss of carbon due to having low carbon pipe.
Hope that makes sense.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I'm speechless!! tu2 tu2 tu2

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I see why you were squirreling it away. That is an outstanding piece of blue bark!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just Wow! Very nice.

Posts: 48 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 15 September 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. My mind is blown.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Had a look at your website and it is nowadays rare to find such quality or creative talent. Indeed you are a 'National Living Treasure' and very well done on that award.

Best

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, just beautiful!

Posts: 48 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 15 September 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Nice

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

I too am a fan of mammoth and meaningful materials. One of Roger Bergh's: mammoth, 300 yo shipwreck wood, 1800s fossil walrus firestarter, forgot what else.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Oh my Jerry. Stunning!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
Beautiful!

I too am a fan of mammoth and meaningful materials. One of Roger Bergh's: mammoth, 300 yo shipwreck wood, 1800s fossil walrus firestarter, forgot what else.

Roger Bergh is the finest art maker I know. Nice knife.

Saying that Jerry hold's a candle to Roger pretty well.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote