Find
Notify
Tools

advice needed on 1918 Trench Knife
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Need some direction on locating a high-quality 1918 Trench Knife. It's a gift for my Soldier-Son and don't want to get anything rinky-dink.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about the knuckle knife?
Original or copy?

Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-ORIGINAL-1917-US-ARMY-TRENCH-KN...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Yes, the "knuckle knife".

Probably a replica/copy, properly made of good materials.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
By the way André, that e-bay listing cannot be viewed from France, censorship in play, it must not be legal in France.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
Just a thought. I don't know where you would find a GOOD quality replica, but United Cutlery was selling some replicas and probably still stock them. I wouldn't imagine that their blades were anything to write home about, but the bronze cast handle COULD be fitted with a good blade without undue effort.

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote