THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Replacement scales for discontinued Gerber Yari II?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement scales for discontinued Gerber Yari II?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My "knife guy," who has been repairing my Morseth 4.75-inch clip point and making a new sheath for it, has been seriously ill for several months. While my preferred knife is unavailable, I chose to use other general purpose outdoorsman's knives for several weeks at a time. I discovered that the "back-up" knife I knew would be the most easily used in my possession is, in fact, the one I find the most difficult to use. And my Gerber Yari II drop point, the one I believed would be least useful and most difficult to use, is almost a knife superior to my Morseth. My Yari II's defect as an outdoorsman's knife is borderline unusable aluminum scales. Winter is still in Seeley Lake, and poorly designed metal scales are a trial in winter.

The knife has been out of production for perhaps a decade, so any OEM Micarta® or stabilized wood replacement scales are no longer around. Who makes, or can make, replacement scales?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The simple answer is you. It ain't rocket science. Screw up, start over.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote