Find
Notify
Tools

Bearing Steel Free
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted
Any knife forgers in Western Washington State, USA?

Likely over 200 pounds. Big spherical roller bearings. They are intact, includes rollers, inner races, and bronze cages. Never used, just old stock, perfect for forging.

The catch? You gotta drive to Port Angeles,, WA and pick them up. No way to ship, too much weight.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The outer rings on those bearings work good for tramming your mill, and the rollers also work good for standoffs for setups on a mill.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolland:
The outer rings on those bearings work good for tramming your mill, and the rollers also work good for standoffs for setups on a mill.

Yep, I have a good supply for those deeds.

Just have too much junk in the shop, time to pass it on. I will give it a week then off to the scrapper.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WoodHunter:
Any knife forgers in Western Washington State, USA?

Likely over 200 pounds. Big spherical roller bearings. They are intact, includes rollers, inner races, and bronze cages. Never used, just old stock, perfect for forging.

The catch? You gotta drive to Port Angeles,, WA and pick them up. No way to ship, too much weight.

I just saw your post the the bladesmiths forum. Always good to put names to screen names

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could use a 6 inch one if it had rollers. I have a bigger one but a smaller one would work much better. Should you deside to ship single ones.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote