THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    bowie ,utility knive your opinion on brand and length ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bowie ,utility knive your opinion on brand and length ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to know about your view on the ideal length and brand for a bowie ,utility knive from 10 inches up ... if you had only one knife to take into the bush for everything !

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
My next purchase will probably be a Cold Steel Trailmaster, it looks like the right knife and would seem to fit your desires. It's not too expensive either.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Cold Steel Trailmaster old shiny corbon V version. about $150 on the used knife marked.
You could also get the San mai version for about $200. Not better but different in many ways.
If you want a knife like it but with leather handle get the Falkniven Thor NL1 made from VG10 laminate steel. Price $300.
These knives are 9.5" perfect size IMO.
I own bigger knives but 9.5 is ideal.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
This place has some Cold Steel products below retail, as do some other places. As Andre said, you can also find them used, such as on eBay. Andre tipped me to the auction where I bought my Trailmaster. Big Grin thumb

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for your interest ,i decided on the cold steel recon scout ,its seems just the right length etc ,price ,unfortunately the ''place'' you suggested Charles ,wont deal with customers outside U.S.A ,but they are cheaper ! thanks for the info

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Sorry I gave you a bum steer. If you put your location in your profile people can see where you are.

Good luck with the knife!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
the recon scout is AWESOME! i had one but gave it away to the guy in the service so no regrets. hopefully its in iraq right now. it has the ideal proportions and weight, just wrap the handel in paracord. you cant beat the value.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
It does'nt have a 10" blade,,but day in and out my benchmade 720 with partially serrated blade does everything I ask. This is working on a farm,,one tough folder,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote