Find
Notify
Tools

My Randall
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I waited for what seemed to be forever, but I wanted to have at least one. Here it is:

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Very nice Wink. tu2

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truly excellent! beer

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! tu2 tu2 tu2 I know what you mean about the wait, my Model 8 Trout and Bird was delivered in Dec after an almost 5 year wait. I also have a Model 7 that I have had for years and use all the time as well as a Model 23 Gamemaster on order.

I see you took advantage of the name etching option. I had Model 5 Camp and Trail knives made for each of my sons with their names etched on the blades.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Randall is a NO.14 with Johnson sheath I have beeen told. that has stone pocket, alice clips very hevi duty sheath.

Picked it up at a estate sale of a vietnam vet for $50.00.

I belive I got a good buy. Roll Eyes

Posts: 19289 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets see it p dog shooter!

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rt now its 2200 miles away in my safe.

Posts: 19289 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very pretty knife, Wink.

I'm posting this for general information's sake. I have absolutely nothing to do with this seller and, while his reputation is excellent, as in all cases, CAVEAT EMPTOR.

There are other ways and places to get a new, or used, for that matter, Randall quicker but the current delivery date from Randall is January 2016.

You can order most Randall knives from the catalog thru this seller and get them in January 2012, according to seller, which I am sure is accurate, AT CATALOG PRICES FOR THAT YEAR. True you can get them from Randall at current (2011)catalog prices by ordering now with a $50 deposit but that's in 2016. Personally I'm way too impatient to order anything and have to wait 5 years. YMMV, but this is a viable option for those who want what is probably the most recognized semi-custom knife name in the world 4 years sooner.

You can get instant gratification for about $100 extra or so in several other places but this is about as close to factory prices and shorter times as you're going to get.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
That's great info Gato, thanks for posting that. I have a number of Randalls and have waited an average of 4 to 5 years for each and still have 3 on order (one being delivered in May for my middle son). I'm probably done with ordering new Randalls but this is great info for anyone wanting one without the wait and without paying much more than the current list prices.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cane Rat:

In the process of buying a new Randall 13, 12 inch toothpick for my collection, I found another source for new Randalls with 6 month out delivery. They charge $45 over current catalogue costs, can order any knife with up to 5 options, just as in Randall catalog. I don't think it's any kind of secret but PM me if you want to contact him.

Let's see, 6 months and $45 more or 58 months of waiting. To me that's a no brainer. Again, I have zero to do with this seller.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just purchasaed a Randle for my son. The 5 yr wait just wouldn't cut it for me so I purchased mine from Kevins. It took about a week as they carry an inventory of Randle knives. Yes the price carrries a mark up of about 50% i e direct about $450 from Kevins $650, but at my age I want to see my sons face when I give it to him in about 12 days.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get Randalls through A.G. Russell as well. They have a really good website and do a bi-monthy catalog. You pay a little more through them than you do by ordering straight from Randall. But you avoid the 5 yr wait. I was on Randall's website last week and they are taking orders for delivery in late 2015 and early 2016.

I've got 3 Randalls. Two I ordered straight from the factory and did the waiting thing and one I got from A.G. Russell. If I ever decide I need or want another, I'm going through A.G. Russell again. I'm not much for waiting 5 years for anything.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waiting 5 yrs for a knife.......you have got to be joking.

By the time it arrives you will have forgotten why you ordered it, or indeed wanted it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep and they only have about 7 or 8 dealers. I guess they keep them busy and the direct orders come at the end of the dealer orders. I talked with a guy at Kevins and he told me they get shipments about twice a year and are ordering years in advance. Hell of a job for the purchasing manager, eh.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
A G Russell has about 20 different models listed as in stock in their catalog/website at prices about 20% over list- but no 5 year wait.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A G Russell is a good man/company but his Randalls, with a couple of exceptions, are marked up quite a bit more than 20%. Just for the fun of it, I just price checked his listed models from the top down, but quit after the trend was pretty obvious. Including the extras, first is the current Randall price and then Russell's price...without figuring each one, the mark up is going to average about 25-35%, mostly around 30%. Nothing wrong with making a profit, just pointing out the price differentials.

ModeL: 15-$365-$465; 23-$525-$700; 12-$710-$950;
28-$395-$495; 16-$495-$495 (must be a slow mover, this is basically current retail customer cost, but he gets a price break); 25-$475-$625; 11-$385-$525; 11-$375-$495; 1-$435-$575; 2-$420-$565; 21-$350-$495; 21-$330-$475; 22-$455-$565; and I quit at Model 8-$340-$490.

As I mentioned above, I might point out again that if you want to wait about 6 months, all of these knives can be ordered for $45 above catalog. I have nothing to do with it but I'm not sure they want it out on the net. PM me if you want the name to contact. Nothing shady about it, solid reputation. I just purchased a new stag 12 inch toothpick for about $35 above catalog cost but they ordered it for someone who couldn't take delivery. Fun knife if you like a giant letter opener. Wink

Or, you can wait a year and save the $45 at the other source above.

Nordic knives in Ca sometimes has Randalls at similar to A G's prices, but they are mostly sold out now I believe.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Randall Wink

I have a couple of Randalls that I have used quite a bit. One with their stainless blade and one with the tool steel blade.

I have gutted, skint and butchered a lot of game from rabbits and birds to elk and bear.

They hold a good edge and are easy to sharpen, with a diamond stone.

I believe that the Randalls, whether it is the Trout and Bird, or the Thorp Bowie, are some of the best balanced and handlings knives ever made.
They feel ALIVE.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote