Find
Notify
Tools

Muela Chevreuil (pics)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Well.....I received my Muela Chevreuil in the mail today. I couldn't be more pleased. It was an absolute steal!! It was advertised as having an 8 1/4" blade, but I measured it and it's 8 1/2". The knife retails for $129.99, but I picked it up on eBay for $52.00!! Genuine Red Stag leather sheath and Red Stag antler base handle. The pics didn't come out as good as I would have liked, but they are okay I guess. They make the knife look a little used, but I assure you, it is brand new and absolutely spotless!! Let me know what y'all think.

And to make things even better, my mom does wood carving, scrimshaw, and stuff like that. She's going to scrimshaw this boar's head on the butt.....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful knife, really like the shape of the blade. Great price as well, congratulations.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Very appealing shape, but probably too big for me. By the way, Chevreuil is the French word for Roe Deer.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
By the way, Chevreuil is the French word for Roe Deer.

Hmm.....didn't know that. Thanks Wink

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very appealing shape, but probably too big for me. By the way, Chevreuil is the French word for Roe Deer.

Chevreuil is used in French Louisiana for whitetail deer, probably because we don't have roe deer.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pig sticker

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Matherne:
quote:

Chevreuil is used in French Louisiana for whitetail deer, probably because we don't have roe deer.

Reckon I could get any help with the correct pronunciation?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it, I like it very much.

I was travelling to the Kafue River (in Zambia) on work related matters and where we camp there are all kinds of beasties around that bite.

You know, snakes, hippo, leopards etc. On this trip, no guns.

I had my largest Bowie with me and one of the weak kneed geologists in the group said...

"What the hell is that for?" To which I replied...

"You never know when you will run into a leopard. There are plenty around." His retort was...

"You wouldn't face a leopard with that, surely not" So I asked him...

"Would you rather face one without it"?

No answer.

Strangely enough we did run into a leopard one night and I think someone shat his pants.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Matherne:
quote:

Reckon I could get any help with the correct pronunciation?

This won't be an easy one, but I'll try. The first part, chev, is easy. It's chev like in Chevrolet, more of an sh sound than a ch sound. For the reuil part, it's close to the English word oil, with an r in the front. Chev-roil. Now, if you can pronounce the o as a short o and not a long o, than you're darn close.

By the way, a female chevreuil is called a chevrette. A lot easier to pronounce.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
A truly beautiful knife, and I like the shape of the blade, the guard and the stag handle. clap
This knife will serve you very well. Meet me in Argentina in April and we will test it out.
knife Mine has the same blade length and a little deeper belly....and it has done very well. Muela thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Excelent knife for hog hunting ,MUELA are very good knives i have several ,and all are of excellent quality.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote