The Accurate Reloading Forums
Razor Sharp Edge making System-experiences?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/752108737

27 September 2007, 16:53
Paul Reed
Razor Sharp Edge making System-experiences?
Does anyone have experience with the Razor Edge Razor Sharp Edge making System at this link about half way down the page?

Razor Sharp Edge Making System

I have one and have been having pretty good luck putting a polished razor sharp edge on knives very quickly. The hardest part is holding the knife on the wheel at the proper and repeatable angle but have I been toying with making an angle guide to assist with that. A few passes on each wheel gives a very sharp and polished edge. I†was just wondering if others have had experiences with this. Last night however I ran into an interesting situation. I tried to sharpen my sons Buck 3 blade folder and it seemed to be nearly impossible to get an edge. In fact it even seemed to round it over. Never had this happen with about 10 other knives I tried. I know Buck steel is hard and I always had to do extra work using my conventional sharpening on stones, diamond or Japanese water stones to get an edge and that is what I’ll have to do in this case but found it interesting that the system did not seem to work at all with this knife. Any else have experiences with this?

Thanks
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS