New
Find
Notify
Tools

knife kit availability ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am interested in putting handles on a couple of blades to be given with rifles that I am stocking. The cut offs from the English walnut have nice figure and the knife would match the gun. I have some tools for a stock removal project, but no experience with knives. I thought I would just buy blades, assembly with the wood handles, shape and finish. The problem is the blade style I have been trying to find has been sold out for a long time at both Texasknife (BL431) and Knifekits (KK431BL). I don't know this, but they sure look to be the same blade to me.

Are there other sources for similar blades or must I just continue to wait for restocking? One place estimated July.

Thanks in advance for helping a neophyte.

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try, Knfe and Gun, Jantz supply, or Sheffield Knifemakers supply, and possibly Dixie Gunworks. They all carry a pretty good assortment of knife blades.

Posts: 1635 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Congomike

I ordered similar but not identical blades at Knife and Gun. I have book marked the other sites. I also need leather for sheaths, but that will be another project at a later time.

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote