Notify
Tools

Re: send your favorites boar knives
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I CANT SEE IT I PUT REFRESH AND I CANT SEE IT MY FRIEND POST THE PHOTO

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Juan

The tip of the SOG bowie broke off and I had to give it a new edge and tip lots of work.
The SOG bowie is a classic old design but no longer the best fighting knife.
However, if highly motivated, it will do the job
I like drop point and have done so on my Same kniv/knife I also mede some file worl for the tumb. No handle yet, and I am working on the guard in alluminum.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

This Hibben Kempo II and the Bowie from AG Russell

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
what do you think of masters of defense knives and about emerson tantos do you like the point.juan

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MOD are nice for personal protection.
I do like some tantos but prefer drop point.
Emerson is ok but I like Benchmade better

http://store1.yimg.com/I/bestknives_1805_45606611

http://www.bestknives.com/index.html

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
YES ANDRE ALL ARE ADECUATED BUT I DONT LIKE THE POINT OF BOWIES YOU HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE POINT OF YOUR SOG BOWIE.JUAN

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hello Jeffery,
Your Winkler Cowboy Bowie is beautiful! what are the two black micarta handled knives with the medallion inserts, I can't seem to match them up with your list. Take care and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cordell

The mnives are not mine just pictures from the internet
The two knives are by Gill Hibben they are called Kempo.
I would very much like a knife by Winkler.

This is some of my knives:

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Jeffery,
Thank you for taking the time to respond. You also have a nice collection, did you do the handle work on the Puma White Hunter? I assembled knives at one time, meaning that I purchased my blades rather than make them and found them relaxing to make, and rewarding when the final product was complete. I sold most of my collection except for 8 Remington pocket knives (1930's) and a fake Henry bowie that I purchased many years ago. The bowie is a beauty having horn handles, brass worked liners and a massive 1 3/4 inches wide x 9 1/2 inch long X 1/4 inch thick blade. The name Henry is engraved on the tang not stamped, and I understand he never made a hollow ground knife. The sheath is typical Henry with leather and nickle silver. I don't know how to post pictures or I would post it here, I think it would be enjoyed. Again thank you, take care and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crodell

I had some help with the Puma but are doing the same kniv myself. The original handle on the White hunter is way too small.
The Puma handle materials are Ebony, sterling silver and sperm whale tooth.
I gave the handle some deeper finger rroves then on the picture.I will post a picture tomorrow.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffery Denmark ,can you tell us about that Damascus Bowie ? Its a beauty !! and a classic ! no doubt expensive too ,but Impressive !!!!!

Posts: 148 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kos

The knife is amde by Daniel Winkler, this is hie web-site:
http://www.winklerknives.com/knifetypes.asp

The price of a Winkler Bowie is $1000-1500 for the knife alone then comes the sheath by Karen Shook they are $150-500

Daniel Winkler was the man that mede the weapons for the motion picture "LAST OF THE MOHICANS".

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
here im with my friend cristian andreo knifemaker seeing your photos wonderful,juan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Would any of these from my humble collection be suitable?

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC

I like your Bowie.. American hero knife
It looks like good steel and the grip is nicely shaped and big.
Thank you for posting. I like knives very much.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre,

Quote:

I like knives very much

I never ever would have guessed! Particularly after looking at all those pictures you posted.

Actually the top and the bottom are Bowies. The top Bowie has an ~ 11.5" blade (you are right the handle is large and fits the hand well) and the bottom Bowie has an ~ 7.25" blade. I use the Bowie for the heavier game cutting jobs, like splitting briskets, cutting through spines, etc.

The dagger is German and sports a ~ 6" blade.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
S/AC

Thank you for elaborating on your knives.
I am in the process of making a large drop point knife for boar hunting.
I have made the guard from a piece of sea water resistant alluminum and the blade is from the 9" samekniv that I posted in the samekniv thread.
I will post the pictures when I get the time to do some more work on it.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre,

I have been giving more and more serious consideration to picking up one of Cold Steel's Grosse Messers (now that must be the German Heroes Knife ) and using it to hunt boars perhaps with spear as well. Now that would be doin' it the old fashioned way!

I look forward to seeing the fruit of your labor!

ASS_CLOWN

one of us
posted Hide Post
S/AC

I like BIG but I think that would be overdoing it a bit.
Juan says that no longer then 12" .
Big is good but fast and accurate slashing is also important.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
jaegers i dont like swords because they go through the boar and you can injure an eye or the body of the dog so i prefer a strong wide knife double edged applegate type or a tanto it can be a bowie but with a strong point.juan in march you will be in the figth andre.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan J�ger

I will be grand sport hunting the Pampas and other great plaines of San Fransisco with you

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
we will not be exactly in san francisco but in a bush zone with very few people only hunters but one nigth we will go to dinner in my house and to a pub and hunting clubs everybody hunts or shoots in rural argentina or in country.im wainting for you ill post you photos in november of my hunt.juan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan J�GER

Sounds great I am a great fan of the out door life/survival.
Much water will run under the bridge before the gatering of the hunters in March

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
J�ger

Great idea.

J�ger do you have any pictures of the knifes from the Argentinian knifemaker ? I look very much forward to seeing his work.
I am loking into having a black smith making me the blade of the Operator from Pirela They only made 20 of them and I like the blade.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
jaegers please send your favorites bar knives i prefer big double edges or tantos .double edges like applegatte smatchet or cold steel tantos merckworks are good too ,what you prefer. juan