Notify
Tools

Anybody know of This Knife?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
Hi,
I have been offered a second hand knife, but would like to know if anybody else has heard of the make?

It says on the blade ATS 34- SUPER EDGE 1. HRC 60. made by Carl Linder Solingen Germany Serial#06972

It is fixed blade with a non slip rubber handle, sharpened it and I can get a great edge.

Does anybody know of it and what it is worth...?

Thanks

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Linder knives are very common but if the knife is made by Carl Linder himsefl it wouls be better.

could you post some pictures close up and details wouls help.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
Haven't worked out how to send pictures, but did a troll on the internet and have foun out quite a bit about it, though it says carl linder on blade it is relatively new knife, am I right in thinking he has died?

Price says about 100 euros, I am offered it for £20 so will go for it!

Thanks Jeffrey

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that ATS-34 is one of the best stainless knife steels so you won't be disappointed in it.

posted Hide Post
If you can email me the pictures I'd be happy to get them posted for you..

As to the knife,I have a couple of Linder factory knifes and I would equate them in quality to comparable Bucks or Gerber's.

As already mentioned ATS34 is a very good knife steel and is generally only found on the upper end of factory knives such a Buck, Gerber ect..If you like the look of the knife, and its in good condition, I would snatch his hand off for £20...

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nearly forgot I have two fixed blade fairly modern stalking knives by Linder, and they are simply marked "Linder Solingen Germany" plus the type of steel. As yours is marked Carl Linder, is serial numbered, and is made from a premium steel, I think it might be a cut above the average factory knife, if you'll excuse the pun!

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote