New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knife Karma??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found a Knives of Alaska caper yesterday for a steal. It was an old one made before they started putting their logo on the blade and sheath. I found it in a side display cabinet in the local gun shop, covered in dust and the tag said $36, but I only ended up paying $28 for it with my frequent customer discount.

Anyway, the first thing that knife ends up cutting-- My left thumb. One ER visit and 10 stitches later the knife wasn't such a good deal afterall.

Is the knife getting back at me?

Posts: 226 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaldMummy
posted Hide Post
mmmmmm well ....

as far as i can tell .. there are only two kind of people who LOVE knives !!! Those that have cut them selves .... and those that will!!

I am Both!

I just like things that go BANG!!!

Posts: 34 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those that have cut them selves .... and those that will!!

SEVERAL TIMES!!!! Nature of the beast. You're gonna get cut. Just try to avoid the ligaments and tendons because they require an orthopedic surgeon to fix. Seriously, my uncle, who's been hunting and cooking his entire life, was slicing brisket at church camp and slipped getting his thumb. Wasn't a really bad cut but got a tendon and had to have minor surgery to fix it.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to have misfortunes like that, so I bought a truck.

Now my TRUCKMA is most pleasant and haven't cut myself since. Big Grin rotflmo homer

Hope your Karma improves (if not, I have a truck for sale). clap

Mike

Si vis pacem... parabellum

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaldMummy
posted Hide Post
Wink Aahhh .. stitches .... a small price to pay for owning a great knife!

I just like things that go BANG!!!

Posts: 34 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great deal, and now you have a blooded knife and are real familiar with it's cutting capabilities. Fortunately it wasn't the gut hook that got tested.

Mind your finger and enjoy your new blade!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote