New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Blades from Jay Fisher
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just used one of this pair from Jay Fisher on a couple of GA does, it was like a laser cutting through them. It held a shaving sharp edge after both were done! The handle is Mahogony Obsidian Gemstone and bolsters are Nickel Silver, blades are ATS-34. The sheaths are very slick, smooth simple designs per my request. This is my first stone handled knife, it is very cool IMO.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Jay does some amazing work.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charles, indeed he does. It took a little over 2 years to receive these, but man I like them a lot. Jay will teach you some things you don't know about knives if you listen to him. His website alone is a wealth of info.

The temper he got in these blades is amazing, held a razor sharp edge through dressing and skinning 4 deer now!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
He made a knife for my wife when I missed one he had for sale, and I picked up another from him later for myself. He has always been very easy to deal with and as you say has a ton of info on his website.

For those who do not already know, this is his website.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would love to see your knives Charles, if you are 'photo post capable' with them.

Best--Don

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pieces Charles, beautiful! Your skinner looks to be just the ticket for that task, I really like the dimensions of the blade.

Your wife's piece is just another stunningly beautiful piece, would seem a shame to get it all blooded....

Cool stuff!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
would seem a shame to get it all blooded....

Probably not much risk of that! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:
would seem a shame to get it all blooded....

Probably not much risk of that! Big Grin

Well, it should be hell on envelopes and such then!!