New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Emerson Knife
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and my amazing girlfriend bought me an Emerson CQC7 to replace my old one that I lost. I had my old one for nearly 10 years and was in a high state of agitation when I lost it. If you don't own an Emerson, I highly recommend them. I'm not good at posting pics here so I'll post the link to the pic of the knife...and one of the girlfriend.

The Knife:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/Hossfly/knives/Emerson2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/Hossfly/knives/Emerson.jpg

The Girlfriend:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/Hossfly/S5000597.jpg

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I'll take the girl friend dancing, but pass on the knife. Never did care for those "tanto" blades.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27587 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I won't make any sleazy comments about your GF, but she's a sweetie for gettng you the knife. I've got a Mini CQC7 BT myself that I've had for 6 years now, and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. They truly are some of the best folding knives around. I obsessively compared them with the other brands, and the Emerson won out in the end. Hang on to this one, would ya'! Smiler

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe I'll hang on to both of them. Thanks.
I've compared Emersons to everyone elses also with the same results you had. As far as a folder goes, I believe there is nothing else commercially sold that is close.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
If you chaps are interested in the tanto blade, look for Stephen Hunter's new book, The 47th Samurai. A good look at Japanese kinfe making and a great story as well. As I understand it the tanto blade was one designed for thrusting, not cutting.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I am gunna have to differ on the best knife.. Big Grin

Since we are having a show and tell...

yer's is a classic and Emerson make reeeely good knives but the Benchmade Skirmish is the @%@#%!

A full size handle and blade (4.25" blade made of s30v 9.75" overall length fits my big fat Italian hands better) Titanium scales, fame lock and a great design.
I prefer it over the chris reves sebenza mostly for the size. It is like having a full size fixed blade in yer pocket. I carry it every day and it is not too heavy or big and the rounded design makes for an unobtrusive carry that does not get hung up on stuff. To each his own and what I will like will make the next guy go ick but I have had quite a few knives and other than a custom this one is cool.

I had to buy mine so yours will always be more special comming from yer lady but maybe for an aniversary or birthday you might want to have another thumb

May you never have to use it in an emergency but when you do may you be skilled and quick.

Posts: 27587 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
I have carried Benchmades over the last few years, but I have recently converted to Emersons. I have a CQC-10 and CQC-11 and really like them both.

I am not fond of tantos either, but to each his own.

Posts: 1228 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
The Skirmish is one of the higher end ones where they use another knife artisan design and do small runs...this one by "Blackwood" not very "Benchmade-esque"...to tell you the truth I dont care too much for Benchmade at all except this one.

Emersons tend to be better imho.

my next few knives will be customs via "Gixxer" not folders but one is a neck knife good for daily carry if comfortable but most likely will be an "out on the towner" knife.

A few things that I like about that particular Emerson is how easy it is to get a good edge, the "all go no show" strictly serous business aspect in that the beauty comes from the function and lethality...that and the full size handle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first CQC-7 was an Emerson-Benchmade. They do not make them anymore. My understanding is that Benchmade came out with another line similar to Emersons' and Mr. Emerson didn't appreciate it very much. Thats the way I heard the story anyway.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ernest Emerson designs are very good but most of them are designed as martail tools ,and the tanto points are useles as skinners,i prefer the drop points because has more uses.Ernest Emerson is one of the best trainers ,he trains his pupils to transcion from empty hands to knives pistols and carbines,uising airsoft guns as billinthewild can testified is how im training the cops here.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ryan

Nice knife...

VERY NICE Girlfriend. thumb

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote