27 January 2018, 22:49
Beretta682E
Thoughts on this knife
I like spyderco

https://www.bladehq.com/item--...a-Mamba-Knife--30234

Mike
28 January 2018, 03:44
DIs
Seems way over priced to me. I would rather buy a good custom knife form reputable maker.
29 January 2018, 01:51
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by DIs:
Seems way over priced to me. I would rather buy a good custom knife form reputable maker.

This is a collaboration between Spyderco and custom knife makers

“What do you get when you combine the talents of noted knife designer Joel Pirela, the skills of master knifemaker Walter Brend, and Spydercos state-of-the-art production capabilities? You get the Brend/Pirela Mamba Folding Knife. This is one of the advanced factory folding knives. Its gracefully upswept CPM-S30V stainless steel plain edge blade faithfully replicates Brend's legendary custom grind lines and showcases them with a contrasting two-toned finish of black titanium carbonitride (TiCN) coating on the bevels and a satin finish on the flats. Special ball bearing washers in the pivot provide a butter-smooth action and allow lightning-fast openings with the blade's integral flipper or its Trademark Round Hole.”

I don’t know much about custom knives other than buying one and ordering few more Randalls.

I go to meet Jerry Fisk at DSC and he showed me his knives and they were amazing. I will eventually get one of his knives.

Being a total newbie in knife world I need to earn my way up to owning a Fisk knife.

Mike
29 January 2018, 07:26
Gatogordo
quote:
Being a total newbie in knife world I need to earn my way up to owning a Fisk knife.

You chose the wrong word, instead of earn, it should be spend, with absolutely no diserespect intended to the skill of Mr. Fisk.

AFA the Spyderco is concerned, I love Spydies, but they get pretty pricey with some of the custom makers collaborations. IMO, in that price range, there are many custom makers that will deliver a fine product to your specs.

That knife is primarily designed for self-defense. If you want to carry a SD knife, I'd suggest the Spyderco "Police" models which are considerably cheaper.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
29 January 2018, 11:28
ForrestB
With regard to that particular Spyderco, it holds absolutely no interest for me. It doesn’t even look like a particularly well-designed SD knife. Then again, no one is paying me to design knives.

29 January 2018, 18:01
Schrodinger's Cat
A rip off in my humble opinion. If I owned that monstrosity, it would be going on the garage sale pile.

But different folks, different strokes.
29 January 2018, 21:12
Beretta682E
I appreciate the input. Deleted it from my amazon basket.

Mike