Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe Game Ranger's Knife
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Juan Pozzi sent me this photo that he receievd from Don Heath. The official knife of the Zimbabwe Game Rangers. This would be a great hog sticker.... thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks kinda like a Puma White Hunter.

I would think it was a little to blunt for a pig sticker???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Looks kinda like a Puma White Hunter.

That is what I thought as well.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
From the Rhodesia thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Still Have my Issue "White Hunter". Somewhat worse for wear, and the fine nylon cutting serations worn off, but it is still the knife I carry.- Also carried a swiss army knife during the dissident days but now carry a leatherman super tool.

Maybe that explains it.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
This is the knife that the parks gave to Don Heath ,he doesnt carry it ,but i like the overall design has a strong point ,and a big handle with a good grip angle .It isnt a pig sticker but it can be used for hog hunting too .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Sportsmans Guide is selling this knife in their latest catalog. Theirs is made by Puma.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I believe its a good design improving the grip of the white hunter with good combat and hunting aplications.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Billinthewild or BILL BERLAT found Don Heath at the SCI convention Don gave Bill his personal combat BDUs and some others things to me i can only say THANK YOU and i expect to see both of you here soon.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ibelieve Don Heath will be teaching at GUNSITE in the near future we all can learn from him.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has been hunting hogs with a knife for years (which I think is crazy), but he uses a Cold Steel Trail Master. A few years ago, I decided that I wanted to try knife hunting and bought a Trail Master for myself. It is ALOT of knife.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Knife hunting isnt dangerous if you use adecuate dogs like the dogos.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a white hunter for a while didn't like it.

I'll take a trailmaster over it anyday.

Or one of my hand made bowie styles.
I prefer a sharp top edge that the trail master doesn't have.

I used the still use the trail master a heck of a knife.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I dont like the sharp point of the bowies because its weak ,the recon scout or trail master i usually carry on the other hand has strong points,but i like a lot the equqtoria or the sniper by merx .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juanpozzi some day I'll get to post a picture of my bowie made from old chipper blade.

Have thought of weak points on some of the bowies I have seen, ground the point to have a strong cross section.

I think you would like it.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes i will like to see it ,i saw very nice bowies in a soldier of fortune knife competition ,and another in an article about knife combat by james Keating.Im intersted too in la gahna type tomahawcks too.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i just received the uniform of Don Heath used by him in combat ,i can only said thank you ,and ill try to buy one of these knives.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA