THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Need a Randall Experts help on this Model 14 Attack please....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Randall Experts help on this Model 14 Attack please....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
I am interested in this one and not a Randall Expert... tu2
As you can seenits a Model 14 Attack...No paperwork but seller mentioned he is sure its Stainless Steel and pre 1980...
What really caught my eye is the fact it has no "Ricasso" ..the blade area on the bottom where it meets the guard doesn't taper down any,just straight into the guard (unlike the ones offered now)
So does this tell us something? I appreciate any help...also what would one think is a approximate value? ( I will be using it in the field, not a safe queen) Again, Thanks! Tom

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
And how the Ricasso area is done now

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Jim thanks for the replies sir! I did email Randall earlier..I do like this one with a straight across Ricasso better than the new ones..just don't want to overpay !
Again Thank You tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truth be told I didn't know what a Ricasso was until seeing it here and then looking up the definitionSmiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its the choil that drops down. The ricasso is that is that blank unsharpened area between the guard and where the sharp edge starts.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com