Notify
Tools

Kershaw speed bump lasted a month
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I paid $50 or $60 for a month ago.

>
> *C) Kershaw 1595 Speed Bump Knife* *Model Number: *KER 1595 Steel: Sandvik 13C26 stainless-steel Handle: Double injection-molded Akulon w/Santopreene over-molded Blade Length: 3 5/8 in. (9.2 cm Closed Length: 4 15/16 in. (12.5 cm) Weight: 5.0 oz.

My son wore out the spring, and it is now a basket case.

http://www.kershawknives.com/warranty.php

> (Of course, normal wear, abuse such as prying with the knife, or neglect are excluded from this non-transferable warranty.)

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=31

It was too heavy, and not reliable for long, but it was great while it lasted.
The switch blade aspect to it was so strong it felt like recoil in a handgun.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The warranty said the 'torsion bar' should last about 10,000 openings, but they would gladly replace it at no charge at their facility if you send it in.

Sounds like your son opened it a bunch for sure, but pretty stand up by Kershaw IMO.

Send it in and let us know how long it takes to get fixed and back to you.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Not sure I understand the grievance. With all the knives I have, the one I carry the most, and almost daily, is a Kershaw Blur. My latest one is a K.O. Blur 3.38 in. partially serrated,
blade of S30V stainless steel. Black handle of anodized aluminum 4.5 in. closed. Liner lock, snap assist folder. I work them hard and I have sent previous Blurs back to Kershaw on serval occasions for re sharpening and have found them to be most accomodating, even so far as sending me a new knife instead of resharpening the old one. This one is going back for the same reason so I have it keen for the upcoming SCI Show.

Did they refuse to make good on this one?

I have found the speed lock opening to be a true advantage and not at all with the power of some of the automatics I have. Knives are not toys, they are tools, and should be used as such.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
tnekkcc,
What was the final result with your Kershaw??? I broke my spring and they sent me a new one, no questions asked!!! Did they refuse your request or has it been resolved???? cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote