One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted
A little piece for the show. Maybe

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful,

Being a newbie at knife collecting pardon my ignorance.

Is that dyed sambar stag?

Details if you please?

Steel composition?
Bolster mat'l?
Pins?
Maker?

JAPPF,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
GW;
Yes; it is amber dyed stag. The steel is a patterned Damascus of 1084 and 15n20 steels, both of them are good high carbon knife steels.
The guard and handle bolts are stainless steel.
The maker would be myself.
I make one every once in a while that is kinda pretty.
If I can ever teach myself to engrave I can shine em' up so they won't look so bad next to Jerry's.
Mike

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okie , that's pretty cool !

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet,

I've just made a deal to purchase my first custom Damascus blade.

Been more into A2, D2, 154CM, S30V stock removal blades rather than forged damascus,

but even considering your modesty, that is a mighty fetching blade.

Thanks for the reply.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, that is outstanding. what do you call that pattern? Cornstalk pattern or something? Have not seen a pattern like that. You did good.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Mike, that's another beautiful knife. I'm going to try to make it up for the Little Rock show for the first time. I'll find you when I'm there.

GWB, if this is the knife you've arranged to purchase, you're going to be very happy. I have a couple of Mike's knives and they are among my most prized possessions. They're beautifully crafted no doubt but they have a feel in the hand that has to be experienced to believe. I'm jealous you snagged this one while I wasn't paying attention.

Some of you may remember Mike graciously donated a knife very similar to this one that accompanied our Scholarship Rifle which was raffled a few years ago. It was an extraordinarily kind gesture. The AR crowd should be buying every knife Mike is able to turn out.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

GWB, if this is the knife you've arranged to purchase, you're going to be very happy. I have a couple of Mike's knives and they are among my most prized possessions. They're beautifully crafted no doubt but they have a feel in the hand that has to be experienced to believe. I'm jealous you snagged this one while I wasn't paying attention.

I would luv to own that one, and truth be told have sent MS a PM in that regard. Alas, no, that is not the one.

Once I have the other knife I referenced I will post a pix here,

Best,

GWB