Find
Notify
Tools

M.O.D. Trident has arrived
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TheeBadOne
posted

I was looking for a new EDC folder and browsed around for ideas/info. The MOD Trident caught my eye. I researched it some more and decided to get one. I stole one for $102.50!
It arrived today and I am most impressed with it's construction and ergonomics. The Trident came sharp enough to shave with no effort. The metal pocket clip looks strong. I can't wait to field test this beauty.< !--color-->

HANDLES: Milled, 6061-T6 Aluminum

BLADE: 154cm high carbon stainless steel alloy, 60 Rockwell hardness! Cryogenically hardened for complete molecular conversion and absolute dimensional stability. Ambidextrous milled thumb studs.

HANDLE FINISH: Military Spec Hardcoat, Black Anodized

POCKET/BELT CLIP: Through hardened 301 Stainless steel, matte finish. Point up carrying.

OVERALL LENGTH: 7.8", 4.4" when closed.

BLADE LENGTH: 3.4"

BLADE THICKNESS: 148 thousandths.

LOCKING LINER: 17-4 Stainless steel, 76 thousandths, sustains over 100 lbs of reverse force.

EDGING TREATMENT: Precision hollow ground modified spear point. Thumb ridge on top.

HOLSTER: CorduraTM Nylon, can be worn horizontally or vertically on belt. Velcro � closure.

BLADE FINISH OPTIONS: Matte double bead blast, or new ultra hard Stealth matte black Boron Carbide.

SERRATION: Optional, half-serrated or non-serrated, all finishes.

AUTOMATICS: Auto-opening version available for military, fire/EMS and law enforcement.

http://www.folders-r-us.org/test_MODTrident.htm

Posts: 4394 | Location: USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote