New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buck gmc knife ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up a folding knife marked GMC usa & has Amway on the wood handle.I guessing this was a promo knife made by Buck for amway?Good shape with leather sheath & pd $15.Anyone know about these?

Posts: 95 | Location: West Michigan  | Registered: 16 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
marlin, I am not familiar with that brand.
Amway has had a number of companies do work for them.
I would be surprised if Buck made it for them under a private label at $15.00 retail, approx. . Sounds more of like a Chinese knock off to me.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I tend to support Jerry. When a reputable company chooses a merchandising item, even more so if it is meant as a VIP gift, it insists upon a certain level of quality. I happen to have received some of the latter in years gone by.

Here's a German Puma folder made for Winchester (then owned by FN-Browning) with silver plated bolsters and imbedded '73 rifle:

and a Norwegian Helle wearing the Norma logo :

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IT is a folder with a wood handle marked USa on blade.It looks just like the Buck folding knives.I found one on ebay like it, it says made by buck.

Posts: 95 | Location: West Michigan  | Registered: 16 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I paid $15 for it at a garage sale.