Tools

Anyone throw axes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
https://youtu.be/MboAEMH9E9w
Anyone throw axes?
The wife is getting throwing axes this year.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That will keep you on the straight and narrow.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
quote:

That will keep you on the straight and narrow.

Dave

lol
she also got throwing knives and a new pocket knife. Being good keeps me safe lol.

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Does she sleep with the throwing axes and knife, or just the knife!?! Big Grin Have any pics of the throwing axes, the knife and the wife that you might be willing to share?

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was much younger I threw a lot of axes, hatchets and knifes.

Then I realized it was a good way to break a handle, blade and and throw your weapon away.

That it really did not serve any good purpose.

I put all that extra time and effort into learning to use a axe/hatchet properly and shoot better.

That has served me better through out the decades.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've thrown knives, lances (beaver stick) and tomahawks for years in Rendezvous. When I was younger, my dad had a set of throwing knives and I spent hours and hours throwing them. My sister ended up with them, and she knits and sews. Go figure! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Does she sleep with the throwing axes and knife, or just the knife!?! Big Grin Have any pics of the throwing axes, the knife and the wife that you might be willing to share?

Her assisted opening Osborne benchmade folder was her favorite gift this year (even over her new top of the line kitchen aid stand mixer) and was ecstatic over her new throwing toys. I’ll have to take pics some time. Might be a couple months due to technical difficulties
https://youtu.be/FaHTIh3rQH4
they are the large sure flight sport from cold steel like the ones in this video.
I got her 2 Fiskar hatchets and two husky made hatchets to throw to start with. I’ll upgrade her later after she learns on those.

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I don't own any, but we went axe-throwing for a buddy's birthday early last year and had a blast. Out of sheer luck and coincidence, I won, but I had no idea what I was doing. For some reason, and I'm not complaining, those places are BYOB, too. Sounds about right. Big Grin

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll have to take pics some time. Might be a couple months due to technical difficulties

tu2 Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the temperament of my wife I won't allow them in the house!

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1186 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote