Yowsir!

A bad MoFo

The Ingram Kingfisher that is!

Kingfisher 5", Desert Ironwood Scales, A2 Steel

It ain't pretty like when it was new.

But it is a cutting MoFo.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
How many of those critters do you kill every week.

Buncha people getting some good eats, cause you sure can' be eating it all!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4220 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perforating hoglets gives me an excuse to use my knives.

Being an old fart I run out of gas earlier than I used to, but most of the time I enjoy skinning. I'll play some tunes, break out a couple knives, grab a brewski set up my camera and commence.

and,

I do give away a bunch of pork. Folks seem to like it.

I enjoy that.

What's the old saying, bacon and eggs, for the chicken it's not big deal, but for the pig, its total commitment!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
What caliber is the Ruger?

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470Evans:
What caliber is the Ruger?

300 H&H

200 gr. Nosler Accubonds

ya!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice teeth!

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do all of you pig hunters like to use the big guns for them? Are they that tough?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
Why do all of you pig hunters like to use the big guns for them? Are they that tough?

Sir,

I will have been married for forty years this December, a few years ago my darling bride, after a full 90 seconds of intimacy put a dagger in my ego when she intimated that she thought I was getting "shorter". My painful retort was "darlin', if you'd been sharpening on a pencil for 30 years or so, it would also get shorter.
Maybe, just maybe, I tend to over-compensate when perforating hoglets!
ya!

GWB

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

tu2

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:

Sir,

I will have been married for forty years this December, a few years ago my darling bride, after a full 90 seconds of intimacy put a dagger in my ego when she intimated that she thought I was getting "shorter". My painful retort was "darlin', if you'd been sharpening on a pencil for 30 years or so, it would also get shorter.
Maybe, just maybe, I tend to over-compensate when perforating hoglets!
ya!

GWB

Sir, I either smile or LOL with your every thread! I love a man who's honest and funny at the same time.

Zeke

PS: nice pig, great rifle and cartridge, sweet knife (knives)

PPSS: I just used a Harvey Draper (RIP, Ut) skinner on a wild free-range bison

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More over-compensation!

I recently picked up a pair of Ruger #1's. One was chambered for the 300 H & H, the other for the 375 H & H.

Well this last Saturday was opening weekend of the Texas central zone dove season. I went up Thursday evening to make sure I was on time and primed!

Went out to see if I could draw first blood with the 375 H & H

I got to a spot that is a favorite of local hoglets just before 7PM.

Sure enough, around 7:15 or there abouts they show up looking to score dinner!

prolly about a dozen or so shoats and a couple sows. No big boars, but what the hey, a target is a target.

Distance was about 125 yds. I have the rifle zero'd at 100.

I watched for about a minute deciding on which one to perforate. Decided on this sow, which was the largest of the sounder.

Smack, and she was DRT. The 250 gr. Barnes TTSX did a number on this critter. No tracking at dark.

Well I mosey on up and since I'm in my Ford Expedition with a cooler on my basket and no place to haul a hoglet. It's also 98 degrees F and the gloaming, so I just take the backstraps right there!

My Jerry Fisk/Whitewater collaberation knife is a fixture as when at my lease, it and my Glock G20 are strapped from the time I put on my pants to the time I take them off.

yowsir!

I like the line from the movie, "The Outlaw Josey Wales" ............ buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really do like what you do and how you do it.

Posts: 1276 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was flat out funny GW about your pencil.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened to the pictures ?

Posts: 239 | Location: Southeast USA | Registered: 01 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Evidently Photobucket is down.

Check back in a day or so.

ya!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pix back up!

ya!

GWB