Find
Notify
Tools

Sheaths
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
Not exactly knife making, but I made a couple of sheaths the other day from some scrap pieces of leather I had.....bit out of practice, haven't done any leather work for a few years so they're a bit ordinary....

.....a Leatherman sheath for a mate at work, and a rear crossdraw knife sheath for myself...

Roger

....the Leatherman snap is offset on purpose....the knife one, well, oops!

Posts: 1029 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice work! Those sheaths are obviously tailor made for the knife and tools they support. Bet they’ll serve exactly as intended and probably never wear out. Thanks for sharing, and good hunting,

Posts: 402 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Inspiring...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14321 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice! tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My son traded a Colt Lightning a few years back for a saddle sewing machine. It was heavy-duty. Then he loaned it to a "friend" + we never saw it again. I've played with leatherwork over the years but have always done hand stitching. I made a nice shoulder rig that goes over my right shoulder (I'm left-handed), w/ a holster for my Mod. 57 8 3/8" bbl., two-speed loaders on the chest strap, a shoulder for a mini-mag light on the shoulder strap, + a sheath on the backside of my shoulder to hold a Puma ', White Hunter'. Its a nice rig + keeps both hands free while carrying everything you need.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote