THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    I will not end up like some of you guys

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I will not end up like some of you guys
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is it - my box of edc and hunting knives

I will over time build a collection of Randall Knives.

But I will limit my knives to this box. I can add maybe another 20 knives and also give a few away.

But I never want to exceed this box - don’t want the same excess collection of knives I have with guns Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
"I will not end up like some of you guys" rotflmo Well, why not? Enjoy life! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
"I will not end up like some of you guys" rotflmo Well, why not? Enjoy life! Big Grin

Thanks,

leaves moe' for moi'!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

They triple stack in the box Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like you're already accumulating more Spyderccos than you can possibly need. Once you realize how poor Randalls are, you'll be well on your way.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Looks to me like you're already accumulating more Spyderccos than you can possibly need. Once you realize how poor Randalls are, you'll be well on your way.

Gato

I took your advice and got a native 5 on amazon from like $120. It was less than retail and I feel in love with the knife. Best fit inside a pocket and won’t scratch a phone. The thumbhole and blade shape also makes for a non tactical - non dangerous look. Great when you are stopped in malls and banks in Asia for carrying one. Just say it is a goody hole in blade - bottle opener penknife.

I then saw academy had them on clearance for $60 and I bought everything they had - 4 additional knives.

Maybe I get a Randall model 1 and model 3 and stop.

There are much better sv30 steel knifes for $100-$200.

Mike

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
NOW I see your problem . . . There are but two long knives in that tub.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
NOW I see your problem . . . There are but two long knives in that tub.

There is a benchmade mini griptian there that worked thru part of two moose without being sharped.

I like and carry folding knives.

I use knives for terrible uses like opening boxes, Cutting cardboard and tape.

My hunting uses of knives is limited to putting a tag on a deer and then driving it to a processor.

Fishing I cut a lot of bait.

These benchmade fixed blade knives for $115-$135 are pretty impressive.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Piker

And I do own a Randal N0.14 that I picked up at a auction for $50.00.

I also lost more pocket knifes then you have in that box over the last 50 plus years I have carried one.

If you could find them you would solve your problem.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Piker

And I do own a Randal N0.14 that I picked up at a auction for $50.00.

I also lost more pocket knifes then you have in that box over the last 50 plus years I have carried one.

If you could find them you would solve your problem.

I have figured out $125-$200 is my perfect edc price pint.

Expensive and good enough I don’t lose or gift away. But not the end of the world if I lose or gift away.

I have stopped losing edc knives. Now if I find the 5000 rounds of 17 hmr I have misplaced.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just gave away to of my pocket knifes to a 10 and 9 yoa niece and nephew.

Big smiles all around.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I just gave away to of my pocket knifes to a 10 and 9 yoa niece and nephew.

Big smiles all around.

Cool very cool.

I have a whole collection of knives to give away but they are not from the box.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
There are worse ways to enjoy your earnings. I'm in reverse now. Think I have 400 pocket knives.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
There are worse ways to enjoy your earnings. I'm in reverse now. Think I have 400 pocket knives.

All right I will cheat. I will make another box for fixed blade knives and limit my folding knives to one box.

Benchmade and syderco make excellent knives.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Once you realize how poor Randalls are.

I wasn't aware that Randalls were all that poor, but then, the ones that I have were made in 1958 and 1985; so they may not be what they once were.

Some years back I got Ruanas for my sons and reently I got one from vonGruff in New Zealand and am quite pleased, looking to get a few more.

Beside, what would you rather have in your coffin to take to the Happy Hunting Ground, a few Hundred dollar bills or some fine knives?

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Poor" was a bad choice of words. In this case, I was referring to the quality of workmanship and the steel compared to comparably (and fairly) priced current custom knives. Generally speaking, you can get a helluva lot better knife for the same money. The grind lines, such as they are, on Randalls are pitiful.

In addition, Randalls are not really sole custom knives, they are made on a semi-production basis. That may or may not matter to a buyer, but it is what it is.

OTOH, few knives maintain or grow in value like Randalls. Just goes to show the value of word of mouth.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're going to need a bigger box.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote