New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rio Grand Bowie ,WildCountry#1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I havent mentioned it much but a friend and I have been doing collaberation peice and finally have our first one done.
A little background...
Chuck Burrows of Durango Colo. is a world known leather worker with his expertise being historical and frontier work. He specializes in custom, hand made Old West Leather Goods and Frontier Trappings are based on the traditional designs and use the construction methods of the period from approximately 1740-1920. Each one-of-a-kind item is made to your custom specifications based on period correct designs and construction techniques for an authentically made item with no two items ever being exactly alike. All of our work is to be historically correct and of museum replica quality of a certain time period AND be peices you can actually use just like everything from High country knives..
If you are a SASS member,Mounted action shooting competito or simply like useable history these new collaberation peices are just for you and so I present
WILD COUNTRY #1 Rio Grande Bowie WILD COUNTRY #1 Rio Grande Bowie (High country knives and Wild Rose trading company collaberation)
Blade is 8inch, W1 steel with false edge on spine. Hand carved file work
The Handle is Hand carved Rawhide wrapped Elk crown with a domed 1908 ,20 dollar silver eagle as a end cap inset into the crown.
Sheath is rawhide over bark tan with a brain tan cuff with historicaly correct iron tacks. The bead work is antique beads along the welt and throat of sheath.
This knife IS available right now.
This is a tough user peice from chopping kindling to fine delicate skinning and a very nice balance as a fighter.

Your comments are appreciated

Romey

Posts: 34 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Beautiful work!!

DRSS

Posts: 1148 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Well done....a beautiful piece of work.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is drop dead mouth hanging open gorgeous-and I have to ask How Much??

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I could NEVER bring myself to use such a beautiful piece to chop kindling!

Damn but that's nice!!!!! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.

CrossL we are asking 750 for the rig.

Shakari, much appreciated. I tested the blade on brass bar stock taking chips out of the brass. Itll hold up to a tough camp chore. High tech science with a by gone era look.
Im glad you all like it!!

Romey

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. Its alot easier to make a new flawless knife then a aged looking one. collector/user snatched this one up before I even could get it on website.

Romey