THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Green Mammoth scales what to do put up photos.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green Mammoth scales what to do put up photos.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have this set of Green Mamoth scales I have been sitting on for 10 years.

They are not huge, maybe 4 inches long and 1.5-2inches wide 1/4 inch thick.

What would you pair that with?

I'll try and find them tonight and post some photos.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking some kind of black looking burl, with black and green spacers.

Anyone want to do something like that on a skinner?

I think I paid $200ish for the mammoth, I don't trust my own skills yet for a project like this.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. What do you want, a pretty display piece or a working knife that's pretty? I've always been a bigger fan of the latter, but each to his own. If you want the former, I'd go with Damascus, if the the latter, maybe a 3 1/2" drop point in 440C? Lots of choices in steel.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope working knife that is pretty. I sold my Roger Bergh show piece, I have no use for that kind of knife.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What would you pair that with?

I'll try and find them tonight and post some photos.[/QUOTE]

I'd pair them WITH ME!
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post

A bit smaller than I thought. 3inches by 1.75 inches and about 1/4 inches thick.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found some malacite, but I don't have any thin enough to make liners.

I piece of green malacite, and then a black liner, stacked inside the mammoth ivory would be cool.