THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Valuation ? for the vintage Gerber experts

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valuation ? for the vintage Gerber experts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted
Hi everyone,
I'm clearing the closets of unused things and came across an old Gerber double edged boot knife bought back in the 60s. I was trying to come up with a price and think this is a Mark 1 with a 1st year serial # less than 4000. Prices for these are all over the place including several well over a grand. Not looking to retire off it, just don't want to give it away if it is worth something. I don't claim to know the first thing about these so your collective help would be appreciated.
Thanks
[URL= ] [/URL]

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
prices over a grand? wow, let me go dig some up .. i carried one of these in the 80s.. i think i gave 19.99+ shipping from SOF, and yeah, it was a gerber

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38458 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
Yours has been used a lot and sharpened down more than normal. A mint one is on Ebay now for $200 bucks and a slightly used one, no sharpening stone scratches is going for $50 bucks or that's the asking price.

Yours would probably be around 20 bucks or so.

TH

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$25-50 maybe. I sold some absolutely new and unused and unsharpened vintage handmade German Pumas and some Gerbers as well. The Pumas went for $150 or so and the Gerbers $100 and most others did not have bids at that time. And all the bids come in the last 5 minutes.

And one more thing- then someone will win your knife and demand you send it overnight for free so that if you dont they will raise all kinds of hell, bad feedback, all that garbage. I gave a couple of the other used ones to some younger guys I know that are hunting! That was much better.

You results may vary. Tell them Stallone used it LOL LOL Smiler!

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote