Find
Notify
Tools

Kershaw report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Many times on this thread I have expressed my fondness for Kershaw knives. Not only based upon my perceived quality, and reaonable prices, but on their excellent after purchase service. I have a new one coming, a Blur, my favorite model and my constant carry knife. This one in the new steel, the S30V. knife
knife http://www.kershawknives.com/searchresults.php?search_b...e=1670s30v&x=40&y=11

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
S30V is no longer a 'new' steel. It's been around long enough to have proven itself.I carry a Cris Reeve Sebenza in S30V and it's proven to be an exceptionally wear resistant steel. You'll have to use a diamond or ceramic sharpener .Best to occasionally touch it up rather than waiting for it to get very dull .I mostly use a diamond rod ,freehand.I never polish edges .My guess is that you'll keep your new Kershaw !! clap

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
What I meant was to say that it is new to Kershaw, and I know I will keep it. Good point about keeping it keen. In the past I have always sent mine back to Kershaw for sharpening. I do have a diamond rod by EzeLap but I am tempted to buy one of their oval models. AT the SCI show their rep. showed me just how easy it was to sharpen. knife

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used my diamond rod from EZE-Lap for many years ,it's now worn very fine .I have some newer oval ones too.They are all you need !!

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
I've used my diamond rod from EZE-Lap for many years ,it's now worn very fine .I have some newer oval ones too.They are all you need !!

thumb Gracias....knife

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Skirmish s30v...

Carry it everyday.

S30v IS awesome.

I love full size titanium frame locks so I am in knife heaven with it.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Came today....really fine...now for a steak to test it on.... knife dancing

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post

I got one of these for $20 at the gun show Saturday.

And I got one of these for $30.

My son has bonded with the $30.
It distracts him from video games.
Next I want him to bond with girls and make grandkidsSmiler

I have been carrying a Buck 442 for the last 5 or 6 years, and I am really impressed with the Kershaw quality.

THis guy was at the show too, he wanted $600 for his handmade folders. I was impressed with him and his work, but I was too cheap:
http://landru.i-link-2.net/stegner/

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote