Find
Notify
Tools

Three more ready to go
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted
Just have to put an edge on these now and work out the best way to package them for shipping to a very good customer.
The Cimeter has 12 1/2 inch 1075 blade with quilted macrocarpa over buffalo horn
The Slicer has Tasmanian Blackwood over brass on the NitroV blade
The Chinese vegetable knife has Huon pine (D Handle) with brass bolster and pommel on the vintage saw blade (L6 steel).

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2681 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice! tu2

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Lovely knives
That top one would make an elegant meat processing knife for big BBQs. Some day I need to have a 6.5” Chinese cleaver with LC200N steel and a linen micarta handle.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Lovely knives
That top one would make an elegant meat processing knife for big BBQs. Some day I need to have a 6.5” Chinese cleaver with LC200N steel and a linen micarta handle.

The Cimeter is for processing beef in a commercial plant and the chinese vegetable knife is (L6 carbon steel / vintage saw blade by request) The slicer is most often used for dicing meat for stews or to prep for sausage or burger/ground meat

Von Gruff.

Posts: 2681 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Really love that vegetable knife, Garry. Wish I had the coordination to use it like the chef in the opening sequence of "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman."

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Really love that vegetable knife, Garry. Wish I had the coordination to use it like the chef in the opening sequence of "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman."

Thanks Bill. There are another couple in the order book with the next one having a left handed D handle

Von Gruff.