THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    (Almost !! ) knife hunting in Argentina

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(Almost !! ) knife hunting in Argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I want to make public my gratefulness to Juan Pozzi ... I went to his ranches for just a couple of days but nevertheless I was very pleased by all the hunting possibilities I was offered - in fact I enjoyed myself very much indeed !!

Juan is a great guy who did everything so as to make me feel more than comfortable ...... Regrettably, given the short lapse I spent with him (due to labor compromises I had – and still have !) , it was not possible for me to exercise the so - desired boar knife hunting (but we will do it shortly, Juan !!)... but nevertheless this scarce time was enough for me to realized I have met a very competent and responsible outfitter, guide, hunter and now friend !

Yes, we couldn´t hunt boars with knives as intended (I found it very difficult to resist the temptation of staying a couple of days more so as to be able to go after those big “tuskers†boars !) - but we did chased some cougars, hunted some foxes, did a lot of pidgeon shooting, hunted some wild cats, some Rheiformes Rheidae (local type of ostrich) and had a great time, indeed !!!

The strongest feeling I have as a result of this so grateful experience is .... that I want to return as soon as possible !!!

My greetings and respects to all his collaborators, mainly Marcos and Willy (top notches !!)

I am dealing with some trouble with the pictures taken by myself, but I think I can still say ...pictures coming soon !!!

Juan, I am maintaining my Yarara knife at its best conditions, looking forward for our next hunt ... so sharp that I think I can razor myself with it ... Choele choel soon ??? There it would also be very useful my Marlin 1895SS in 45/70 !!! As P H Capstick once said, in that place the “boars are so big that they eat sheep – or they eat sheep because they are so big ! â€

Martin

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:
I want to make public my gratefulness to Juan Pozzi ...
Martin

Glad to hear you had a good time. I haven't read any posts from Juan in a while and was wondering where he was.

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
we have been testing yarara knives with marcos and martin ,its a local maker who is making knives for our special forces .We are involved in designing a boar hunting knife ,for our club formed only by people who hunts with knives los dogos ,we will put the photos of the knives soon.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Juan and Africaner

Glad that you enjoyed yourself.
I look forward to seeing the pictures and knife.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Juan / Andrè

This is my knife: its a Yarará, model Comando... I am very pleased with it, and although I haven´t used it as my primary weapon in any of my hunts (yet !!!), its outstanding performance whenever I had to use it (either for field dressing and butchering game, to finish some wounded boars, to saw some woods for campfire or others uses I might needed – or forced it - to accomplish !) makes me feel very confident with it ....

Obviously there are other knives specifically designed for any of those uses in particular .... but this is the best “all around use†knife I know of ....

I don't doubt it will perform as an excellent boar hunting knife ... hopefully, I will test it soon !!

Its a whole one piece blade till the end of the grip, just to have an idea of its dimensions, each one of the cells that can be seen in this picture measures one square inch ....
[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=331184&c=555&z=1"] [/url]

Regards,
Martin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
And this photo was taken at one of Juan´s ranches in Cordoba !!!!!

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=331186&c=555&z=1"] [/url]

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Yarara comando Specifications:

Total weigh: 740 grams (29.6 ounces)
Knife total weigh: 520 grams (20.8 ounces)
Total length: 372 millimeters (14.508 inches)
Blade maximum width: 45 millimeters (1.755 inches)
Blade thickness: 5 millimeters (0.195 inches)
grip length: 125 millimeters (4.875 inches)
grip material: injected polymer
Blade material: steel alloy, chromes vanadium SAE 6150
Blade hardness in RC: 56/58
Sharpened edge total length : 240 millimeters (9.36 inches)
Sharpened edge type: double concave
accessories: polyester sheath, hook (not for fishing purposes, but to hang or hook somewhere you might need), sharpening stone and a sort of screw with thread in both ends that allows this knife to be used as a spear (for survival purposes)

Regards,
Martin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
This is the photo taken i my farm there i hve several wild boars pure rusian and i release 50 each year to improve the genetics,AFRIKANER ,is a good friend now and member of the dogos circle we are giving a patch to every client who killed a boar with knife and a medal with the head of a dogo ,to special bravery one is for you Andre ,we are testing the yararas and they are very very good we will improve the desing of some models because we have a little problem with the bowie point afrikaner can tell this ,this local maker is providing the 601,602 army commando units,the tanto to the cazadores de monte bush rangers of the army,and anothe units we will desing a model specifically for hog hunting ,please post some advice andre.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
That´s right !!!

Indeed my dad´s own broke (just about 3 milimeters from its point) when stabbing a perhaps too hard surface (bricks ! Red Face Eeker ) .... I was told by the manufacturer that that was the second time (out of two thousands units made) that something alike occured ... and of course, replaced it without any charges !!

Now we are speaking about having our own boar hunting knife made, it would be just wonderful if both of you, Juan and Andre, design it thumb Smiler

I think it will be something very representative for the knife hunting (with dogos !!) brotherhood to have its very own knife ... Cool clap

Indeed I will feel very proud to have one such a knife !!! Smiler

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
This is the photo taken i my farm there i hve several wild boars pure rusian and i release 50 each year to improve the genetics,AFRIKANER ,is a good friend now and member of the dogos circle we are giving a patch to every client who killed a boar with knife and a medal with the head of a dogo ,to special bravery one is for you Andre ,we are testing the yararas and they are very very good we will improve the desing of some models because we have a little problem with the bowie point afrikaner can tell this ,this local maker is providing the 601,602 army commando units,the tanto to the cazadores de monte bush rangers of the army,and anothe units we will desing a model specifically for hog hunting ,please post some advice andre.juan

here is another picture of the boars Juan use to improve the genetics, releasing every year several dozens to the wild ...

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=331232&c=500&z=1"] [/url]

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
THE YARARA KNIVES ARE VERY ,VERY STRONG,THEY ARE DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR BIG GAME AND SPECIAL FORCES FOR EXAMPLE THE YARARA DAGA MY FAVORITE IS IDEAL FOR HOG HUNTING AND IS USED BY THE AIR ASSAULT GROUP ,IM TESTING ALL THE MODELS AND PERFORMIG EXTREME TASKS IN A FEW TIME WE WILL HAVE THE RESULTS.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Im testing a yarara in my farm with the gauchos and some of my phs ex sf ,and they are performig in excellent manner they retend the sharp edge ,and they are very very strong ,ill like to visit the fabric with andre so he can test some .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA