New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gamemaster model hunting knife
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is one of my Gamemaster hunters. Turkish twist Damascus, mammoth ivory, deep relief engraving with a bit of gold inlay.
This style is the heavier duty of the two most popular models that I make.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir,

First, welcome to AR. Hopefully you will enjoy it here. The knives and blades forum is not all that active. Perhaps with your presence things will pick up.

Next, that is looks to be an exquisite work of art you posted above. I've recently become enamored of Mammoth Ivory.

Luv to see more of your work in the future.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gee, thank you for the kind words. I will post something up every couple of weeks or so. I have a bunch of older stuff and they are still going out the door.
Anybody be interested in bowie photographs as well? I do about everything with an edge to it.

www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
What GWB said +100.

Not everyone is going to spring for a full custom rifle or bespoke shotgun, but a fine custom knife (though expensive) provides the same pride of ownership and lasts just as long. If you won't do it for yourself, put a couple away for your grandkids. You can use it in the meantime.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ForrestB, yes, that is the right outlook. When you do hand it down it has stories with it and that they will remember and add their own stories to the knife.

Geedubya, thanks. On the mammoth ivory, that and elephant and Walrus tusk are the three most common ivories to use. Of them Walrus is a bit more stable, though the mammoth has a better story for the most part.
Knife handle materials can be a very wide range. I even have some of the last of the 13 trees that George Washington planted. Took me quite awhile to get it but it is nice.
Stag and Ivory has always been generally the most desirable but it is like other opinions.

www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
That is a smokin' piece of mammoth Jerry. Great depth on the color. The blade don't hurt none either.
Another beautiful piece.
Mike

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful knife well thought out and goes together very well. Will you be at the Little Rock Show that is coming up. Thanks elton

Posts: 239 | Location: branson mo | Registered: 28 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I will be there. It is always an informal show which is fun to do. I never have over three pieces and this year I will be lucky to get there with two pieces. I plan on having that sheep horn Damascus hunter there for sale at the show.

I keep an eye on the up and comers too so if anyone has something they are looking for I can show them a table that might interest them. I have been collecting custom knives since about 1985 and am dern particular who to send a person to.

Next week, Logan Pearce will be videoing our first cutting competition at the Uncle Al meeting. He will be posting it up on u tube site later. I will see if I can get a still shot or two of cutting events and post them up here later.

www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Next week, Logan Pearce will be videoing our first cutting competition at the Uncle Al meeting. He will be posting it up on u tube site later. I will see if I can get a still shot or two of cutting events and post them up here later.

Or post a link if you have the time and opportunity.

Thanx in advance,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote