THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Lee Baumgart's knives in action in Africa!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Baumgart's knives in action in Africa!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted
For those that might have not noticed, Shootaway (George) has posted a video of one of Lee's knives in action in Africa cutting the tail off of the bull elephant that George shot in Moz with his Searcy 500 double. Check it out in the African Hunting Reports section. That is one sharp knife! George cut that tail off like it was butter! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Use Enough Gun,

Thank you for your post.

When Shootaway contacted me about making a knife he let me know what it was going to be used for and left its details up to me. After looking at a few pictures of elephant tails that were posted in the Africa Hunting Forum and getting an idea of their size, I decided to add a little blade length to my Drop Point Hunter. The result was my large Drop Point Hunter, which I have since made quite a few of.

Here is the photo Shootaway sent me.

And here is a link to the Tail Cutting Video he posted.

https://youtu.be/g6vfdODWgps

George,
Congratulations once again on a fine hunt and thank you for taking one of my knives along.

Lee

baumgartknives@gmail.com
http://baumgarthandmadeknives.blogspot.com/

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool knife Lee!
Shootaway certainly had the tools and skill to "git-er-dun".
Well done to you both!
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
Very cool knife Lee!
Shootaway certainly had the tools and skill to "git-er-dun".
Well done to you both!
Zeke

+1 tu2

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.I do not have any knowledge of knives.I been inspired lately to try and learn how to sharpen a knife.The knife performed really well.The sheath fit perfectly onto my belt(Lee asked for the width of the belt beforehand)and the knife never came out of the sheath even after walking hours in the thickest stuff.I truly felt confident that any time I needed it it would be in its sheath.
The knife also had its admirers.My PH really liked it and asked me what type of wood is the handle made out of.I said it was Desert Ironwood from Arizona.Then there was the police officer at JFK airport in front of the AA checkin counter.He took it out of the Pelican case and showed it to his partner.He nodded his head in admiration.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It's a beautiful knife George. tu2 I have a number of Lee's knives and I love every one of them! Lee: Love that large Drop Point Hunter pattern! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Thank you for the comments.

Lee

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote