Find
Notify
Tools

Sheath Maker Needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I have 3 knives I need sheathes made for - the bottom 3 knives in the photo. I want the sheath to be similar to the one in the photos - except to leave about 2" of handle exposed. The one in the photo makes it a little difficult to grab hold of. Basically a simple sheath made from heavy leather with enough friction to retain the knife. I also want it to have a gusset so the knife cant slice the stitching.

If anyone knows a good maker I would sure appreciate some contact info for them.

Thanks

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill,
The guys and gals on Bladeforum.com will be able to help you out if you can't find something on here. Here are a few of mine. I think the top right one is the sheath you are looking for and this fellow is located in Wade North Carolina. I got your new address and phone# hope all is well with you and you have mended well.....Your friend ...cordell ...Hey it just dawned on me I never could post a picture on here...check your email...cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

Look at www.rowesleather.com
I looked for some time before having him make me some sheaths. His attention to detail and overall workmanship is excellent. His prices and delivery time is very good. Just tell him what you want and he will do it.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those pouch sheaths are about the simplest to make of all types. Almost any good saddle/leather shop should be able to whip you out what you want in short order.

BTW Rowe does make good sheaths.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The good news: I could do it pretty inexpensively.
The bad news: I'd really need your knives, or at least some detailed measurements of them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got an awesome sheath from Bob Schrap a few years ago. He is very good at what he does and a very nice guy.

http://www.customsheaths.com/designs.html

TR

==============
Todd J. Rathner
The T. Jeffrey Safari Company
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Please visit our BLOG: http://www.tjsafari.com/blog.cfm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Go to knifedogs.com The best sheath makers in the USA hang out there.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tree Stump Leather

Posts: 75 | Location: Maine | Registered: 04 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hand made, hand sewn, hand decorated, custom design; all available from WYLD Ltd. Contact is: wyld_ltd@yahoo.com

Posts: 43 | Location: Nebraska, USA | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote