New
Find
Notify
Tools

Randal Attack #14
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Randall Attack #14 made in the late 70's. I have owned it since 1979. There is nothing marked on it except for "Randal made". This knife has never even cut paper, never been re-sharpened and I have the original sheath with stone. I will probably never use this knife as I have plenty of others such as a Robert Parish made in the late 80's that is my go to knife. I will put this in classifieds but can anyone give me a fair price range? PM me or reply to this post if you wish. Thanks for the help.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suggest you go to the Randall web site and price the knife. Basic knife has "Randall Made" and the scimitar. Stainless has an "S". Also, look to see if there are any options on the knife.
As described it should sell for somewhere around the cost (+/-) of a current order. The advantage to the buyer no years of waiting.

Posts: 312 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any personal knowledge regarding differences in Randalls, but a fellow that had a cutlery business for several years told me that the older Randalls were better and therefore more desirable than the newer production.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray B:
I don't have any personal knowledge regarding differences in Randalls, but a fellow that had a cutlery business for several years told me that the older Randalls were better and therefore more desirable than the newer production.

What was he willing to pay for it is more likely is what it is worth.

When it is time to put money on the table is true show of value talk is cheap.

Posts: 19294 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote