THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Lock and joint comparisons among folding knives with locks?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lock and joint comparisons among folding knives with locks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Among the myriad current folding knife makers and manufacturers, there cannot be that many "strongest, most durable, most reliable" designs for [their] locking systems and handle-blade joint/junction - can there?

Has there occurred any rigorous test series on well-designed (whatever that means) single-bladed locking folding knives? If there has, please furnish summary or link.

Some of my interests concern resistance to transverse stress (prying) and twisting. Also how currently manufactured folding knives compare with one as simply designed as the long-discontinued Cold Steel TwistMaster® - a superset of Opinel's design.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Interested in seeing you mention the old Cold Steel Twistmaster. Have one in my hunting pack and it has given me very good service.

Seems like every maker has a lock back that is "special" and I think it is all sales b.s. I prefer folders over fixed blades and have had many with different lock back modes.

Using the knife as a knife I don't see a bit of difference in any of them. My current favorite one is a Benchmade with a very simple locking mechanism.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote