Find
Notify
Tools

Blade Show West
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted
Blade Show West October 5-7, Portland Oregon. Anyone here going?

Blade Show West

Lee

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that I know of it....strong possibility...if I get all my work done.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 310 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wow. Is this bigger than the one the Oregon Knife Collectors hold in Eugene?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16275 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Based on the number of exhibitors, I'd say it will be at least as big as the OKCA show. For knife makers we'll get a chance to see the wares of vendors that don't normally have a table in Eugene. Blade is listing this as the first annual show, so I'm sure it will grow over time. Blade will probably want to adjust when they are having it because this year's show is occurring during Oregon's deer hunting season.
Lee

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Lee, thanks for pointing this show out. I’ll be there and buy you a beer or two.

Posts: 8612 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Schrodinger,

I'm planning on attending Sunday. Hope to see you there.

Lee

One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
Lee; I would like to go. See some old friends that don't make ATL anymore. Just not in the cards.
Good luck.

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Lee,tried to PM you but would'nt go through. Still wanting to do 3 drop point hunters for my sons using my birdseye maple blanks.We talked about this a couple of years ago before the bottom dropped out in my business. It has kinda picked up but that is debatable in the long term.Sorry'long way around the barn. If I supply the wood,can you do the project for the 3 knives for $600.00 W/ me supplying the grip wood,+ delivered before Christmas.Let me know.Thanks,R.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
NormanConquest,
You have a PM.
Lee

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sent you a reply Lee. Thanks for your time + I wish you a rapid recovery.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Any after-action reports on this show? How did it go, and does it have a bright future?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16275 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Any after-action reports on this show? How did it go, and does it have a bright future?

+1

Posts: 157 | Location: san francisco bay area | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
In terms of number of exhibitors, it was on par with the Oregon Knife Collectors show held in Eugene Oregon. I think this years show in Eugene had more West Coast makers and Blade Show West drew in makers and vendors from across the country. The production makers i.e. Benchmade, Gerber, Spyderco, etc. had a large presence at BSW. I definitely think BSW is held in a better venue and if you like craft beer, you are a short Uber ride from about two dozen small breweries. I attended on Sunday, the last day of the show. Foot traffic was pretty light that day. I spent quite a bit of time at Tru-Grit's booth because I buy most of my abrasives and steel from them and have my heat treatment done in their shop. They said they had had a really busy show.

Looking at Blade's website it appears they are set for a second year, but have not announced the dates yet.

Hope that answers your questions.

Lee

PS:
Beyond taking custom orders, my personal plan for this coming year is to have a table at the small Oregon Arms Collectors Association shows held each month in Portland, have a table at Oregon Knife Collectors in April, and a table at Blade West. I haven't posted any knives on AR lately because I've been working ahead so I have something to display at the shows.