The Accurate Reloading Forums
Blade Show West

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/5461066542

18 September 2018, 07:02
Lee Baumgart
Blade Show West
Blade Show West October 5-7, Portland Oregon. Anyone here going?

Blade Show West

Lee
19 September 2018, 11:31
Dennis Earl Smith
Now that I know of it....strong possibility...if I get all my work done.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC
19 September 2018, 19:33
Bill/Oregon
Wow. Is this bigger than the one the Oregon Knife Collectors hold in Eugene?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
20 September 2018, 00:56
Lee Baumgart
Based on the number of exhibitors, I'd say it will be at least as big as the OKCA show. For knife makers we'll get a chance to see the wares of vendors that don't normally have a table in Eugene. Blade is listing this as the first annual show, so I'm sure it will grow over time. Blade will probably want to adjust when they are having it because this year's show is occurring during Oregon's deer hunting season.
Lee
20 September 2018, 06:40
Schrodinger
Lee, thanks for pointing this show out. I’ll be there and buy you a beer or two.
25 September 2018, 09:00
Lee Baumgart
Schrodinger,

I'm planning on attending Sunday. Hope to see you there.

Lee
25 September 2018, 14:56
lost okie
Lee; I would like to go. See some old friends that don't make ATL anymore. Just not in the cards.
Good luck.
14 October 2018, 09:56
NormanConquest
Lee,tried to PM you but would'nt go through. Still wanting to do 3 drop point hunters for my sons using my birdseye maple blanks.We talked about this a couple of years ago before the bottom dropped out in my business. It has kinda picked up but that is debatable in the long term.Sorry'long way around the barn. If I supply the wood,can you do the project for the 3 knives for $600.00 W/ me supplying the grip wood,+ delivered before Christmas.Let me know.Thanks,R.

Never mistake motion for action.
15 October 2018, 11:24
Lee Baumgart
NormanConquest,
You have a PM.
Lee
16 October 2018, 08:31
NormanConquest
Sent you a reply Lee. Thanks for your time + I wish you a rapid recovery.

Never mistake motion for action.
22 December 2018, 20:53
Bill/Oregon
Any after-action reports on this show? How did it go, and does it have a bright future?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
25 December 2018, 19:51
mauritz45
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Any after-action reports on this show? How did it go, and does it have a bright future?

+1
27 December 2018, 09:53
Lee Baumgart
In terms of number of exhibitors, it was on par with the Oregon Knife Collectors show held in Eugene Oregon. I think this years show in Eugene had more West Coast makers and Blade Show West drew in makers and vendors from across the country. The production makers i.e. Benchmade, Gerber, Spyderco, etc. had a large presence at BSW. I definitely think BSW is held in a better venue and if you like craft beer, you are a short Uber ride from about two dozen small breweries. I attended on Sunday, the last day of the show. Foot traffic was pretty light that day. I spent quite a bit of time at Tru-Grit's booth because I buy most of my abrasives and steel from them and have my heat treatment done in their shop. They said they had had a really busy show.

Looking at Blade's website it appears they are set for a second year, but have not announced the dates yet.

Hope that answers your questions.

Lee

PS:
Beyond taking custom orders, my personal plan for this coming year is to have a table at the small Oregon Arms Collectors Association shows held each month in Portland, have a table at Oregon Knife Collectors in April, and a table at Blade West. I haven't posted any knives on AR lately because I've been working ahead so I have something to display at the shows.