Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Williams Custom Damascus Hunter
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted
Anyone who likes fine custom knives should enjoy these photos. Mike Williams donated a beautiful Damascus steel knife for our Searcy Memorial Scholarship Fund raffle. It was more than we had any right to expect. Mike is a Master Bladesmith and his talent really shows in this knife.

Mike starts by making his own Damascus steel. Just follow these step by step instructions and you can probably do this at home…

If you want to own the knife and the rifle, just buy a few raffle tickets.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

Both rifle and knife are beautiful and I will definitely be buying raffle tickets, one way or another. Have you already posted somewhere the procedure for buying tickets?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink,

If you need someone to buy tickets for you I would be happy to help you out while I am at the DCS show.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Here's a higher resolution photo of the knife. It is indeed a beauty.

Wink,
We'll be selling tickets online here at AR, and at the Dallas, Houston and Reno shows. We're going to sell a maximum of 1000 tickets for $25-30 each and will draw the tickets at the ACGG show on Sunday Morning Jan 27. Look at the Silver Lining Scholarship thread for the details.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=...=470107787#470107787

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

I get a letter off to you tomorrow and hope it makes it for the DSC bonus prize in time. You have spearheaded a wonderful effort.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
Here's a higher resolution photo of the knife. It is indeed a beauty.

As Eddie Murphy said in the movie 'Coming to America' -- 'SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!!!'

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=...=470107787#470107787

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am making it a point to visit Mike in Reno. Like to know a little more about the forging process, but most of all, hope the guys stop in to say "hello"...maybe buy one of his premier knives!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote