THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Custom Dive Knife- What Blade Material?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Dive Knife- What Blade Material?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Just mulling around another project to eventually do, making a nice dive knife. It will be used in salt water so corrosion resistance is important, but not all-important. I'd rather have a tough blade with moderate edge holding ability and some corrosion resistance.

I've been out of the loop for so long I just don't know what is out there anymore. Is there something like D2 but even more corrosion resistant? I'm not interested in Titanium either.

So if anyone has suggestions I'm interested in hearing them!

TIA

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boker makes knives in a steel called X 15 TN. I have one and it is extremely corrosion resistant. The Orca is the dive model that the Navy Seals use. I think that the German GSG-9 uses it as well.
See it HERE

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote