New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDC gripes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Why does nobody make a good edc knife with a non abrasive body and a coated clip.

Knives are terrible on cell phones they share the pocket with.

I have a Swiss army knive that has a non abrasive textured body - some carbon fiber knives are good too.

The clip also scratches a lot of stuff - coated clip would be great.

Everyone including farmers, carpenters, construction - everyone has a touch screen phone these days.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not everyone, I've barely got a flip phone and think they are the instrument of the devil. Smiler

Being the social animal that I am, I don't like people being able to call me anytime. Luckily I live in an area with poor reception so I rarely have one on.

They have their uses when traveling, I will grudgingly admit. Mad

BTW all you have to do is dip the clip in some rubber coating compound or, gasp, change pockets. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
A cell phone and a knife serve parallel purposes.

I hate carrying things in my pockets but I do carry a knife with a clip (point down preferred).
The smart phone is in a holster on my belt. I've also got a very small knife that fits in the "zippo" pocket of my jeans

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Not everyone, I've barely got a flip phone and think they are the instrument of the devil. Smiler

Being the social animal that I am, I don't like people being able to call me anytime. Luckily I live in an area with poor reception so I rarely have one on.

They have their uses when traveling, I will grudgingly admit. Mad

BTW all you have to do is dip the clip in some rubber coating compound or, gasp, change pockets. Wink

I might do the rubber coating compound but I am generally incompetent about doing handy stuff. The change pocket stuff is also to hard for me.

I bought a smart phone was a necessity of life Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it a defensive knife I would never carry anything with it in the same pocket, especially change.

Emerson scales I have ground to be a little easier to the touch.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote