New
Find
Notify
Tools

WANT TO BUY PUMA WHITE HUNTER
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
LOOKING FOR A WHITE HUNTER IN VERY GOOD OR UNUSED CONDITION.

tom ondrus 814 774 5739 till midnight eastern time

crownpress@alltel.net

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You could try eBay or the Puma Knife Man.

Caveat Emptor as I have not dealt with the Puma Knife Man.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANKS CHARLES,

the puma knife man has some nice knives, but at prices that take ones breath away !!

white hunter for $400 + guess it is more valuable because he owns it

you can buy a new one from SHOOTERS for $199.95 and if you spend $20. to join the buyers club price goes down to $179.95....... plus for one year you get an add'l 10% off the list prices on anything you buy.

i thought maybe i could catch a good one on e bay but they are paying crazy prices for well used ones.

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tomo, the older Puma White Hunters made of Pumaster Carbon steel are a lot better than the current production versions. Even the early Stainless versions are better than the current stainless ones you buy now. The new ones do not have a serial numbered guard, and the stag they use now is crap...its not natural, rather they use slabs of whatever is on hand and then they texture it with a dremel like tool and then dye it brown, it truly looks cheap.

I have 3 White Hunters, a Mint Pumaster from 1971, a daily carry in Pumaster steel from 1973, and a 1995 (last of the real stag, and serial numbered) stainless version in Mint condition also. If your interested let me know...im in Australia so given the US dollar...u may pick up a bargain from me ;-)

Posts: 69 | Location: Sydney | Registered: 14 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
tomo, if you go to ebay and type Puma White Hunter in the search box you will find several very nice White Hunter's on auction, including 1960's era numbered knives. I got mine through ebay last year.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are paying crazy prices on e bay !

i sent a pm to flatshooter - am awaiting his reply

TOMO577

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of them on eBay have recently sold for $170 to $190 for never used older versions. I don't know what your price range is, but that seems to be about market right now.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Hen and Rooster makes a similar model that you can get at Bass Pro for under $100.

Mike

Posts: 21049 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JIM,

I'VE BEEN WATCHING E BAY FOR THIS KNIFE FOR ABOUT 4 - 5 WEEKS AND ANY UNUSED ONE HAS GONE FOR WELL OVER $200.

I'D LIKE TO GET ONE FOR AROUND $160 BUCKS OR SO , BUT THAT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE NOW.

TOMO577