Find
Notify
Tools

what is your daily carry?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
I like to carry a different knife depending on what I am going to do that day.I also really like auto knives.Here is what I rotate for daily carry around town.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
quote:
that is one cool knife but not big enough for my hands...the benchmade skirmish is the one i cary cuz its full size but i almost got the dominator in clip point

Boom Stick you must be one big old boy! My hand can swallow my 1911 grip. The knife is fine for my hands.

Half the time I'm dressed a little nicer at work when I'm doing estamates. I wear that Tonto in my dockers w/ the clip between my belt & the pants like a ITP carry handgun. Because of the slim grip it disapperates and doesn't offend "sensetive" customers.

The benchmade skirmish is a great knife too.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leatherman super tool (the original one), for everyday carry in town.
And a Cold Steel Trail Guide Plus when out in the bush.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Mini Griptilian.

Great pocket knife

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
the reactions i get when i need to use the skirmish are interesting...the guys usualy say wow cool the chicks are scared but strangely attracted or keep their distance...either way is cool with me, kinda separates the wheat from the chaff if you will...

its amazing how much fear gets invoked when you read guns and ammo at work and sharpen your knives on your desk Big Grin

everyone who knows me knows that i am the go to guy if the sh@# hits the fan.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick
everyone who knows me knows that i am the go to guy if the sh@# hits the fan.

A many years back when I got my first .50 bmg rifle some of the wife's liberal friends got to talking about me ang my evil guns,knives and hunting.

On one of the rare times that I was around the lot of them one guy that I barely knew made the comment that when the shit hit the fan he and his wife where coming over to my house because of all the weapons.

I looked this punk in the eyes with my wife next to me and said "thats cool I can shoot your ass and make your wife into a pack mule untill I trade her off".Needless to say I was no longer concidered the go to guy.And shortly after that my wife had less liberal friends.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
A many years back when I got my first .50 bmg rifle some of the wife's liberal friends got to talking about me ang my evil guns,knives and hunting.

On one of the rare times that I was around the lot of them one guy that I barely knew made the comment that when the shit hit the fan he and his wife where coming over to my house because of all the weapons.

I looked this punk in the eyes with my wife next to me and said "thats cool I can shoot your ass and make your wife into a pack mule untill I trade her off".Needless to say I was no longer concidered the go to guy.And shortly after that my wife had less liberal friends.

Baboon

That is one bold statement gunsmile

Cool Microtech knives you got there. I wish that they where legal in Denmark Mad
Keep stocking up - Charlie is coming.
Also get some zippos so that you can burn down houses, fields and other stuff.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE)

That is one bold statement
Keep stocking up - Charlie is coming.
Also get some zippos so that you can burn down houses, fields and other stuff.

Cheers,

André[/QUOTE]

Lets face it if the shit hits the fan you only need those you trust,and those who think as you do around you.I for one would not want someone who was anti gun,pro gay & lesbian,anti hunting bringing Starbucks coffee and tofu to a shit hitting the fan departure.

Recently here along the Texas gulf coast when katrine caused so much panic my wife on the advice of her parents wanted to leave.When she started to freak out and asked if I had an evacuation plan and kit I showed her that we where ready.

Needless to say we never sat in traffic wasting fuel,money or are sanity.

As far as the zippos go I figure with all the dead crackheads lying about if the shit hits I can harvest their crack torches.

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I plan to use a knife I will take my Tripwire. OOOHHHH JJJEEEAAAHHH

I looked a bit closer at the Tripwire knives....Very interesting. This one caught my eye. Is the picture or is the blade differant from yours?

(click pic to enlarge)

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Baboon - Your thoughts on the apocalypse are interesting. I've never concidered the liberal anti gun,pro gay & lesbian,anti hunting bringing Starbucks coffee and tofu eaters & crack head to be an issue in times of extreme disorder.

Actually, I'd have to think about taking guys like you out 1st round....as you'd be my only competion on the top of the food chain.

BTW - Toss a few Hemmingway's and a bottle of Scotchin your evacuation kit for me. Wink

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Boss

That Tripwire is the model 7 (tanto grind) Get the model 8 with a rounded grind it is easier to re-sharpen.
You can order directly from Dwaine:

Get the new Double titanium version:

http://www.airkatknives.com/album03

Or one of the super modified with either G10 or Carbon scales:

http://www.airkatknives.com/FRAMELOCKS2

The Tripwires are built lke a Tank and is fitted with a Strong framelock like the Strider SmF and SnG.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss Kongoni:

Actually, I'd have to think about taking guys like you out 1st round....as you'd be my only competion on the top of the food chain.

BTW - Toss a few Hemmingway's and a bottle of Scotchin your evacuation kit for me. Wink

Boss- What part of Illinios you live in?

I would be booby trapping stockpiles of scotch and humidors for entertainment.

Kind of like this clown that came in the archery shop years ago to buy a crossbow for his "Bunker".He went on about his underground fortress and all his stockpiles.Said he could stay undergound for a month.Would not have to leave for no reason.When I asked him what he would do if I poured a quart of gas down his fresh air intake things kind of changed.

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
quote:
would be booby trapping stockpiles of scotch and humidors for entertainment

NO!!!...NOT THE SCOTCH & CIGARS!!!...That's just twisted!~!!!

Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker

I'm up near the Chedder Curtian(Wisconsin border)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most often, I carry my Spyderco Wegner Jr.. It just seems to be in my pocket when needed.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
My day in and out knife is a benchmade 720,,A true one handed folder,,For more upscale outings I tote a benchmade 2500 stryker,,very stylish,,very sweet,both of them drive my mother in law nuts,,,wait 'till she sees the butterfly in action!!!!,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anymore just my Sabenza, it just works best.

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Blade Tech Pro Hunter at the SHOT show and carry it every day. I am going to get a Ganyana and a Mouse from them as well. I think the Pro Hunter is one of the best production knives I have ever seen. The design is very well thought out and the fit and finish are excellent. It is very tough and holds a razor edge. I am a big fan.

I also have an Emerson CQ7 which was a gift from a friend which I carry on occassion for serious social situations.

Oh, yeah I usually also have a Victorinox Swiss Army knife pretty close by.

TJR

==============
Todd J. Rathner
The T. Jeffrey Safari Company
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Please visit our BLOG: http://www.tjsafari.com/blog.cfm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Delcia plain and simple,been with me for over ten years. Stands up to most everyday duties in the lumberyard and the off days out in the Canadian north.If i ever loose it i will get another.

Posts: 46 | Location: N.E. Sask. Canada | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
I have a small, two-inch Old Timer that was given to me some years ago.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
An Victorinox Swiss Officer always in the left pocket, and an EKA Compact in the garden. The latter is a cheap little plastic handle folder, but it takes a lot of abuse without getting dull.

Fritz

The true and only Fritz Kraut

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
While in the city i carry a sog folder ,in the field one model of cold steel mostly a master hunter and a folder SW extreme operations cheap and good .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Gerber folder ("Fred Carter" design) and a small Victorinox that came with a Mini-Mag Lite

Posts: 161 | Location: Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Gotta be a Spyderco Native.... One of the best everyday carry folders I have ever had or seen.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I carry a Bulldog Stockman and samll SAK on my keychain. I use the tooth pick and tweezers all the time Cool

Posts: 142 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
You guys really carry some serious stuff! I have been carrying a stockman of one kind or another.
This one is pretty close to mine. https://www.bokerusa.com/images/7474SRBI.jpg

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
left pocket Kershaw chive ( money clip) right cliped on pocket SOG flash II plain edge.

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
A springfield Micro Compact .45 and a Kershaw Blackout. When on duty I carry a TRP and a Benchmade Auto Striker.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1236 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swiss army executive and the Benchmade/Ritter mini..

Posts: 47 | Location: North Pole Alaska | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With Quote